PDA

View Full Version : A few HU questions

kurosh
10-22-2005, 06:46 PM
I think against a very fast opponent, you should be able to get 400 hands/hour. I was doing this earlier at UB.

If you have a decent edge, you should be able to make 5BB/100, but probably more depending on your edge. This is an estimate by me. Anyone have more solid numbers?

Anyone know how to adjust your PF play with miniblinds? Obviously, you should be tighter, but how much tighter? For those that don't know, miniblinds means you just have half the normal blinds. Everything else plays normally. If it was 4/8, the blinds would be 1/2 and a raise would be to 6. Normally I fold my bottom 10 or 15% of my hands. I think folding the bottom 25% would be around correct.

Anyone know what kind of downswings you can expect? Is 500BB a good roll?

Danenania
10-22-2005, 07:00 PM
I would expect that if you were making anything close to 5BB/100 that your variance would be extremely low. HU has a lot of inherent short term variance but I doubt you'd see a downswing much over 150 or 200 BB's with that much of an edge.

P.S. By the way, what stakes are you playing and on what sites? I've been thinking of possibly trying to start up a HU career. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 08:43 PM
i played about 10K hands of HU poker at limits between 10/20 and 25/50. 400 h/hr is a little extreme, i was getting about 250.

my winrate was about 5BB/100 over this sample. my vpip was 51.24. my WtSD was 39.19. my W$SD was 46.83. my PFR was 37.54. i was making 0.09BB/hand in the SB, but almost breakeven in the BB.

i raised 54.41% of the time in the SB and 20.14% in the BB.

a 500BB roll would be overkill if you are better than your opponents.

partygirluk
10-22-2005, 08:47 PM
What was your SD?

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was your SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly have no idea how to calculate/check this from PT, since i used the same database as my full/short games.

Nietzsche
10-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Nice winrate.

How bad is the rake?

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice winrate.

How bad is the rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

$1 max/hand. hands where its folded preflop dont count. (probably about 30% of hands. so the rake is about $70/100 hands, or about 2.5BB/100 at the limits i was playing.

timprov
10-22-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was your SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly have no idea how to calculate/check this from PT, since i used the same database as my full/short games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Export all hands with two players and import them into a new DB. I decided to keep a seaparate DB for HU in addition to my master DB, and that's how I started it.

I think your donk-selection skills would have to be awfully high to manage more than 5 BB/100 longterm.

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think your donk-selection skills would have to be awfully high to manage more than 5 BB/100 longterm.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely disagree. people are bad HU. like really bad. like > 10BB worth of mistakes per 100 hands.

all you gotta do is make less than 10BB worth of mistakes and you will be +EV /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jason_t
10-22-2005, 10:28 PM
How do these statements make sense.

1. i played about 10K hands of HU poker
2. my winrate was about 5BB/100 over this sample.
3. my vpip was 51.24. my WtSD was 39.19. my W$SD was 46.83. my PFR was 37.54.
4. i was making 0.09BB/hand in the SB, but almost breakeven in the BB.

[ QUOTE ]
What was your SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

5. i honestly have no idea how to calculate/check this from PT, since i used the same database as my full/short games.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do these statements make sense.

1. i played about 10K hands of HU poker
2. my winrate was about 5BB/100 over this sample.
3. my vpip was 51.24. my WtSD was 39.19. my W$SD was 46.83. my PFR was 37.54.
4. i was making 0.09BB/hand in the SB, but almost breakeven in the BB.

[ QUOTE ]
What was your SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

5. i honestly have no idea how to calculate/check this from PT, since i used the same database as my full/short games.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you can filter for 2 handed in both the general and in the position stats tab.

Lurker4
10-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Did you play HU tables, or just full/6-max tables that just had one player sitting there? It does seem that full/short players that play HU would likely make many mistakes and a high winrate would be sustainable, but at HU tables at 10/20 and above (which at the sites that I know of that have HU tables, don't seem to run too frequently), it seems some of the players would at least be decent enough to not make tons of mistakes.

Also, a 50ish vpip seems pretty tight to me but I dont play much HU...do you think you were playing tight or loose?

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you play HU tables, or just full/6-max tables that just had one player sitting there? It does seem that full/short players that play HU would likely make many mistakes and a high winrate would be sustainable, but at HU tables at 10/20 and above (which at the sites that I know of that have HU tables, don't seem to run too frequently), it seems some of the players would at least be decent enough to not make tons of mistakes.

Also, a 50ish vpip seems pretty tight to me but I dont play much HU...do you think you were playing tight or loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

full tables that I sat at empty and waited for an opponent to play HU. that's why my hands are in the same database.

also, just because they play higher limits, doesn't mean they know how to play HU. sometimes they are nutso and sometimes you run over them.

54ish might be too low. i have no idea what a good VPIP is.

baronzeus
10-23-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was your SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Export all hands with two players and import them into a new DB. I decided to keep a seaparate DB for HU in addition to my master DB, and that's how I started it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i did this with the hands on my desktop computer (about 50% of the hands) and my SD is 19.7BB/100 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

i might add the hands from my laptop later tomorrow but i dont think it will matter much.

thats way higher than i expected to be honest.

oreogod
10-23-2005, 03:24 AM
I wonder what a "normal" rate is out of the blinds HU. like 6max its typical to have a -.08sb rate and -.12bb rate. Anybody have any idea what would be normal for Hu?

tizim
10-23-2005, 04:25 AM
I have 4k hands HU. My BB/hand in the BB is .07. Very impressive, eh? My BB/hand in the SB is 0. Yes, SB is button in these hands, and yes, 4k hands means nothing.

stinkypete
10-23-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ok i did this with the hands on my desktop computer (about 50% of the hands) and my SD is 19.7BB/100 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

thats way higher than i expected to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure it's normal for your SD to be higher HU than in other games since you play almost every hand. it just seems lower since your winrate is higher, which means downswings shouldnt be as bad.