PDA

View Full Version : 5/10NL @ Commerce, walking the weak-tight line...

Kirkrrr
10-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Actors:
MP3 - rockish and very readable. Small bet on flop = nothing much, big bet = hit, check = totally nothing and doesnt' even want to bluff. He's got about 1000.
SB - nud-peddling nit, hasn't been caught bluffing. Lays down 56s on Button with deep stacks to a min-raise. About 1500.
I'm on Button and have them covered. On to the hand.

Fold to MP3 and he makes it 40. I call w/ K /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, SB calls, all else fold.

Flop: 459r.
Check, check, I bet 75, SB makes it 150, MP3 folds,
Hero /images/graemlins/confused.gif...

Comments appreciated.

Kirk

sawseech
10-22-2005, 06:23 PM
muck at the speed of light and note how he seems to feel about it

Big_Jim
10-22-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 - rockish and very readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I call w/ K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh... since you can outplay him so easily after the flop, it's probably okay.

[ QUOTE ]
SB - nud-peddling nit, hasn't been caught bluffing. Lays down 56s on Button with deep stacks to a min-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SB makes it 150

[/ QUOTE ]
You're drawing at 5 outs, at best, and nearly dead if he's got a set. If he's a nit, you won't get paid when you hit your outs unless they're no good.

EZ FOLD.

ryanghall
10-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Very easy fold.

Ryan

ansky451
10-22-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet 75, SB makes it 150

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB - nud-peddling nit,

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that answer your question?

I can think of 0 realistic hands you beat.

10-22-2005, 09:54 PM
When did they add 5/10 NL at Commerce and how is it comparable to the 10/20 games?

Rick Nebiolo
10-23-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When did they add 5/10 NL at Commerce and how is it comparable to the 10/20 games?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5/10 is a $400 fixed buy game they added several months ago. Obviously it plays much, much smaller than the unrestricted buy 10/20.

~ Rick

Kirkrrr
10-23-2005, 05:02 AM
I have a lot of trouble folding to the flop min-c/r, so I called.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check, Check.

River: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets 400. I call. He flips over the obvious 44 for the flopped set.

Now everybody point and laugh at the donkey. Anyhow, hope some of the lurkers pick up this thread and don't make the same mistake.

Kirk

Lucky
10-23-2005, 05:31 AM
dont give nits action

flawless_victory
10-23-2005, 06:02 AM
generally in this spot, i just start LOLing and fold face up in the direction of the nit...
basically id just throw my cards at him.

Kirkrrr
10-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Here's a related question: how do you normally interpret a flop min- check-raise? wtf is it supposed to mean? My usual reaction, if I have any sort of hand is to just call and see what develops. Is that chip-spewing?

Kirk

Triumph36
10-23-2005, 12:42 PM
I think it's chip spewing. It's designed to get you to call, hit your card, and lose anyway. I only call min-check-raises with draws, and sometimes overpairs. Sometimes I will three-bet them if I think it's someone trying to make a play at me, or someone who I see doing it often, or if I have a big hand.

Here's another way to look at it: the check-min-raise means you can't be ahead, right (in most cases)? So you're drawing - but if he has a set, you can't even confidently bet when you hit your card, which you did. If I'm not drawing to the nuts or a hand that I think will beat a check-min-raise hand, I can't call that bet.

Against a nit, I insta-fold and ask him which set he has.

dibbs
10-23-2005, 01:47 PM
I never understood the point of "villan is ultra nit will fold everything but only raise massive hands and he raised me and I have top pair what should I do" posts.

Fold barring exceptional read.