PDA

View Full Version : Is HUD much better than GT+

10-22-2005, 06:14 PM
What are its advantages?

PokerAce
10-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm the developer of PokerAce Hud. The reason I started working on it was because GT+ didn't offer what I need. Namely the following major features:

# Multiple database support
# Auto table recognition
# Completely configurable stats

Those were my 3 deal breakers with GT+. PokerAce Hud has all of that and much more. Configurable popup stats and mucked hands at showdown shown to you automatically are some of the other features it offers. You can even make PA Hud look nearly identical to your GT+ layout.

You can find more information here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

imported_azalin
10-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Yes its much better.

Crix
10-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Not even the same game, let alone ballpark. You need to try it for yourself to appreciate it.

4_2_it
10-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Yes. The advantages are too numerous to list here. I'll add that Josh, aka PokerAce, provides some of the best software support around and suffers the questions of fools gladly.

winchips
10-24-2005, 11:01 AM
is it true HUD is adding a patch today to fix pokerroom and its affiliates problem?

and if so if i download HUD after the new patch I will not need the patch? (i am downloading it onto a new computer - actually i restored mine), Should i just wait until the update?

APerfect10
10-24-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it true HUD is adding a patch today to fix pokerroom and its affiliates problem?

and if so if i download HUD after the new patch I will not need the patch? (i am downloading it onto a new computer - actually i restored mine), Should i just wait until the update?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and download the most recent version. You can always check to see if another version was released (there is an auto check for update option in PA Hud). Download and install literally takes less than 5 seconds.

Btw, I do not believe a 'patch' will be released today although a new version should be released shortly...

CLC
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll add that Josh, aka PokerAce, provides some of the best software support around and suffers the questions of fools gladly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say that he is probably 2nd in the CS race. Sorry Josh, but Pat is going to be HARD to pass. /images/graemlins/grin.gif However, if there is anyone who can, it's probably you.

PokerAce
10-24-2005, 01:01 PM
There will be a new version out soon that will fix the PokerRoom problem along with a handful of other bugs. Hopefully this will be out either tonight or tomorrow.

PokerAce
10-24-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that he is probably 2nd in the CS race. Sorry Josh, but Pat is going to be HARD to pass. /images/graemlins/grin.gif However, if there is anyone who can, it's probably you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very unlikely that I'll ever pass Pat in terms of support. All I'm doing is trying to offer everyone the kind of support I would like to receive myself if I was a user of the software.

CLC
10-24-2005, 02:12 PM
LOL, You are doing an exceptional job too. In the areas of BOTH Product and Support.

4_2_it
10-24-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll add that Josh, aka PokerAce, provides some of the best software support around and suffers the questions of fools gladly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and Oranges. I paid Pat $55 and he provides excellent support. I paid Josh $0 and he provides excellent support. The difference is I expect prompt support from Pat because I bought his product.

Anyway it is a silly argument because both these guys are in the top 5 percentile when it comes to providing support. They both, rightly, deserve praise.

2+2 wannabe
10-25-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and Oranges. I paid Pat $55 and he provides excellent support. I paid Josh $0 and he provides excellent support. The difference is I expect prompt support from Pat because I bought his product.

Anyway it is a silly argument because both these guys are in the top .0003 percentile when it comes to providing support. They both, rightly, deserve praise.

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_stealthcow
10-25-2005, 09:00 AM
it took me a long time to switch from gt+ to pahud because i really liked the gt+ display and didn't like random small boxes with thin stats/ remembering where they were and they didn't stick out like the gt+ stats did. but with the new combined stats, i switched for good and its a great great software package.

KSOT
10-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately now, this costs money while GT+ is free.

SamIAm
10-25-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately now, this costs money while GT+ is free.

[/ QUOTE ]If you're playing $0.01/$0.02, I could definitely understand balking at the price of PAHud. It's probably not worth 1250BB. (But it's close.)

On the other hand, if you're playing poker for money, this decision's really easy.
-Sam