PDA

View Full Version : Switching seats on Absolute

jrz1972
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Okay I know this is kind of a general question, but I'm posting it here because I suspect there may be a difference in the way this is viewed in micro games than in higher games.

One groovy feature of Absolute's 6-max games is that there are actually 9 chairs at the table, so if you don't like your seat and there's nobody in the waiting list, you can leave the table and immediately rejoin and grab a different seat. I've done this on a number of occasions to either get LAGs or fish on my right or tight players on my left.

Here's the thing. It seems like more than half the time I do this, the guy I was trying to position appropriately leaves the next time his blind comes up. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Am I breaking some kind of unwritten rule of poker ettiquete here, or is this fair game? Do you think people in the micros notice this and become aware of relative position?

10-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I noticed for the first time someone doing this yesterday, perhaps it was you /images/graemlins/mad.gif. I think it qualifies under bad etiquette since that is a pretty dick move to pull, for everyone at the table and the fish/lag.

milesdyson
10-22-2005, 06:03 PM
i just signed up at absolute, and i haven't noticed them get up. it's probably just a coincidence.

i've only been playing 0.5/1 there until i get more money at the site, but damn the 0.5/1 game is fun.

jaxUp
10-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Take advantage of the option to change seats easily. Mostly I change seats to get on the right of TAGs, so I am fine with them leaving if they want to. If you're moving to get on somebody's left, then they're probably bad enough not to know what you're doing.

Rev. Good Will
10-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I think its a dick move.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 06:22 PM
haha, take the good seats while they're available. The better 1/2 6-max players at the site won't display the same etiquette when they enter.

jrz1972
10-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Okay I should be more selective in picking my spots for this then.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Reqtech
10-22-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think its a dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have no qualms on doing it against rocks and TAGs.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 06:49 PM
pfft. Wow, the noblemen of the 2p2 community. This sh!+ happens all the time with tags. They will move their seats and cockblock your action to get you off the table. Either move your seat to squeeze against someone or expect the worst. Christ, we aren't shaking hands and saying "good game" after it's over.

milesdyson
10-22-2005, 07:50 PM
after i move seats i usually say, "my seat, bitch"

shant
10-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with this. You're playing poker to take thier money, if the seat is there, take advantage before someone else gets the good seat.