PDA

View Full Version : New to 6-max - Can I get away from this hand?

DasThiem
10-22-2005, 05:37 PM
The Game is Party 1/2 6-max. No stats on the guys joining me since i just sat down when the hand was played.

Is there any spot where I could have folded? How do you evaluate my play here in general?

Sorry for the format, but i couldn't get the converter to work at the moment.

Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 4: schoolzcards ( $7.49 )
Seat 6: MANDREYKE ( $89.57 )
Seat 1: GotYaNumba ( $87 )
Seat 3: Hero ( $143 )
Seat 5: yury1 ( $26.95 )
Seat 2: gamb00l ( $100 )
schoolzcards posts small blind [$0.50].
yury1 posts big blind [$1].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Qs Qc ]
MANDREYKE calls [$1].
GotYaNumba folds.
Hero raises [$2].
schoolzcards calls [$1.50].
yury1 calls [$1].
MANDREYKE calls [$1].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 7h, 5s ]
schoolzcards bets [$1].
yury1 calls [$1].
MANDREYKE raises [$2].
Hero raises [$3].
schoolzcards raises [$3].
yury1 calls [$3].
MANDREYKE calls [$2].
Hero calls [$1].

** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]
schoolzcards is all-In.
yury1 calls [$1.49].
MANDREYKE raises [$3.49].
Hero raises [$5.49].
yury1 calls [$4].
MANDREYKE raises [$4].
Hero calls [$2].
yury1 calls [$2].

** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
yury1 checks.
MANDREYKE bets [$2].
Hero calls [$2].
yury1 raises [$4].
MANDREYKE raises [$4].
Hero calls [$4].
yury1 raises [$4].
MANDREYKE calls [$2].
Hero calls [$2].

Results in white below:
<font color="white">yury1 shows [ 6h, 6d ] a full house, Sixes full of sevens.
MANDREYKE doesn't show [ 9c, 8s ] a straight, five to nine.
Hero shows [ Qs, Qc ] two pairs, queens and sevens.
schoolzcards shows [ 4s, 3s ] a straight flush, seven high.
yury1 wins $42 from side pot #1 with a full house, Sixes full of sevens.
schoolzcards wins $28.96 from the main pot with a straight flush, seven high.</font>

10-22-2005, 05:50 PM
"Can I get away from this hand"
Look at the turn, what are villians 3betting possiblities and what are you trying to accomplish with a raise on the turn? I also don't like the flop 3bet, call and peel at best there, I could find a fold.

10-22-2005, 06:57 PM
With all that action, it seems like an easy fold on the turn.

What do you put these guys on? I think at least one must have flopped two pair or better.

If that's true, best case scenario is you're drawing to maybe 3.5 outs (if no one's made a straight, you have your set plus BDFD) and worse case is drawing dead (you could already be behind a straight or A/K high flush draw, and you lose this possibility on the turn).

I think the better question is can you stay with this hand. I'm pretty new to 6max as well, but what you're playing isn't really akin to 6max, but more like a loose full ring game (5 saw the flop, right?). Would you stay in this hand in full ring with 5 players to the flop? I don't think you should treat the same situation differently just because there were less players getting dealt cards.

edit: sorry, only 4 to the flop. don't think it changes the analysis much though.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
you have the time to change your name to hero but nobody else's? That's not very nice.

Next time, change everyone's name to their position at the very least.

TomBrooks
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm calling down from the flop with that board after I, as preflop raiser, get bet into and raised on that board. I don't raise the flop. I might even fold it right there. Chances are I'd call it down reluctantly though. I didn't read the whole hand.

Oh wait, this is six max. I don't fold, but I probably don't raise either. One of the problems with even calling is that it doesn't close the betting though.

deception5
10-23-2005, 12:18 AM
I would fold when it's raised and reraised behind me on the river.

MrWookie47
10-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Please use the hand converter. If you don't use the converter because it's broken or whatever, type hands out by hand in a format that resembles the converter. It is a faux pas to post user names of your opponents, and raw HH's are hard to read. Also, don't post the results. They don't matter.

10-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Hero's reraise on the turn was bad. Afer all the raising on the flop, MANDREYKE's turn raise means he has better than just one pair. The question is call or fold, raising is out of the question.