PDA

View Full Version : Pokerace HUD

bawcerelli
10-22-2005, 04:12 PM
has anyone tried this software for use with Sng's?

ewing55
10-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Yes, works great, a lot better than PlayerView, I only use it to see hole cards (for now /images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

-----------------Jeff

Slim Pickens
10-22-2005, 05:34 PM
It is excellent. I prefer it over PlayerView.

10-22-2005, 05:54 PM
EDIT: found the answer to my question.

10-22-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only use it to see hole cards (for now /images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

[/ QUOTE ]You get to see mucked hands that went to show down? That doesn't seem right. Does it?

bawcerelli
10-22-2005, 09:45 PM
nothing wrong with that. in live games you can always ask to see a players hand that went to the river. it's pretty much a standard rule. so btw, what did you find out about the T&C of the major sites regarding using pokerace?

10-22-2005, 09:48 PM
From the PokerAce FAQ:
[ QUOTE ]

1. Is PokerAce Hud against the rules of the poker sites?

Answer: A lot of confusion has come from Party poker banning players because they used certain software after being warned not to. The software causing the problem were software that shared hand history information to a central server. PokerAce Hud uses your local PokerTracker database and to date, no poker site has had any problems with it and PokerStars even has it listed on its site as being OK to use.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't look any further.

pooh74
10-22-2005, 10:01 PM
besides the mucked hands thing whioch is great, I am having trouble understanding how this is beneficial to SNG players? Also, I cant get the stats to come up on the table anyway, bt even if they did, what would be useful for STTs?

PokerAce
10-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Using the Player Ranges filters allow you to filters stats you have on each player based on the number of players at the table. For example, when you are 10 handed, all stats can be from 10 player hands. When you get 3 handed, all stats can be from 3-4 player hands. This allows the stats to be focused to the current table situation.

More info here: http://pokeracesoftware.com/hud/tutorial.php?page=cfgpreffilters

If you are having problems with stats showing up, try turning off any filters. If that doesn't help, post a message on my forum and I'll help you get it figured out.

FatTony21
10-23-2005, 03:32 AM
I'm thinking that the "Fold BB to Steal" could be useful. Pokertracker defines a steal as a first-in raise from the cutoff, button, or SB. When filtered down to 4-5 users, this could help decide what a person's calling ranges might be when going for a steal on the bubble.

Sciolist
10-23-2005, 05:40 AM
Is it the filters that're stopping the program from displaying stats until I've hit 50 hands now? The preferences definitely say 25. I'm at work right now so can't check... But I am impatient :]

Sciolist
10-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Ah, it was only looking at this limit

pooh74
10-23-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using the Player Ranges filters allow you to filters stats you have on each player based on the number of players at the table. For example, when you are 10 handed, all stats can be from 10 player hands. When you get 3 handed, all stats can be from 3-4 player hands. This allows the stats to be focused to the current table situation.

More info here: http://pokeracesoftware.com/hud/tutorial.php?page=cfgpreffilters

If you are having problems with stats showing up, try turning off any filters. If that doesn't help, post a message on my forum and I'll help you get it figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Josh,

Yeah, those are good suggestions...and I am slowing figuring out other useful things to use it for...matter of patience. great program.

josh

10-23-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what ranges are optimal? the reccomended ones?

PokerAce
10-23-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it the filters that're stopping the program from displaying stats until I've hit 50 hands now? The preferences definitely say 25. I'm at work right now so can't check... But I am impatient :]

[/ QUOTE ]

The default minimum hands required is 25. You can change that to 1 if you wish, but if you do, don't depend too much on the information you get.

PokerAce
10-23-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what ranges are optimal? the reccomended ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the right person to be asking this. I primarily play cash games and am far from a SnG expert. I would imagine you want separate stats for heads up, 3-4, 4-7, 8-10. That's just a guess, but it should be a good bit more useful than having all the stats lumped together.