PDA

View Full Version : Showdown Equity.

xGoreDudex
10-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I find myself confusing myself post-flop play sometimes. I'm sure even a lot of you pooh-bahs still find yourselves in sticky situations. However, since I've been playing six max I've been doing fine, until today. I dropped about 50bb which isn't the end of the world. I would like to say it was all varience but I think most of it was due to LAGISH post-flop play, and not "thinking" things through.

This next hand is an AK hand. Basically, I've flopped top pair with a diamond draw. Now, forget how this oppenet played his hand, I'm looking for discussion on Showdown Equity, even when u yell out "[censored]!!!" when you know your opponet caught his flush/2outer whatever type hand, when does convincing yourself to showdown even when you are certain you are beat...

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Anything out of the usal?

Lmn55d
10-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I would just call the river bet, especially if you don't feel comfortable folding to a 3bet. Obviously you had no read that made you particularly comfortable folding to the 3bet, so calling it is fine imo. It's definitely possible that this donk was betting a flush draw or pair + draw the whole time.

xGoreDudex
10-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Nah most of these guys are pretty much of the "any two will do" variety, lost a lot of big pots this past session where I really thought I was ahead...oh well, lot's of learning to do.