PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody single table?

Doylestown
10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif seems like I may be the only one left. Whenever I load more than 2 at a time my results really suffer. Is everybody playing 4-8+ at a time? For those that play 1 or 2 have you tried 4+ and found you just couldn't do it profitably? Am I alone?

microbet
10-22-2005, 03:50 PM
How many have you played? Pretty much everyone starts single tabling.

Right now I 4-6 table and I'd actually like to play just 1 or 2 at a higher buyin, but the risk of ruin is a lot higher that way.

A_Junglen
10-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Ugh, I'm sorry...me and my friends always joke about having one giant table taking up an entire monitor...wearing oakleys, and poker shirts....chin resting on hands in dead silence.

Your likely not alone, but neither are asians.

Doylestown
10-22-2005, 03:54 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif Have you been spying on me LOL

pooh74
10-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I used to...

microbet
10-22-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Was that a line from "Dude, what happened to my car" or something?

A_Junglen
10-22-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry..this cracks me up too much not to share...

More specifically, we picture Greg Raymer in a bathrobe, in front of his computer. The lights are out, and the only thing giving off any light is his computer computer...It's got one table, thats taking up the whole screen. Before each pot he enters he puts on his signature sunglasses and rests his head on his fist. Occasionally his wife will ask him a question, which will either be ignored, or responded quickly with a "SHUT UP IM PLAYING POKER!" After each pot he wins (including walks) he stands up and raises his arms in triumph yelling "YEAA", ala' 2004 WSOP ME victory.

Just picture that...lol

A_Junglen
10-22-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Was that a line from "Dude, what happened to my car" or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No..I'm asian. Not alone..but damn close.

Doylestown
10-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Micro - I've played close to a thousand STT's over the past 2+ years. I found the same problem with MTT's, I load up too many and my game suffers, dropping me from a profitable player to a donator /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

pokerlaw
10-22-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry..this cracks me up too much not to share...

More specifically, we picture Greg Raymer in a bathrobe, in front of his computer. The lights are out, and the only thing giving off any light is his computer computer...It's got one table, thats taking up the whole screen. Before each pot he enters he puts on his signature sunglasses and rests his head on his fist. Occasionally his wife will ask him a question, which will either be ignored, or responded quickly with a "SHUT UP IM PLAYING POKER!" After each pot he wins (including walks) he stands up and raises his arms in triumph yelling "YEAA", ala' 2004 WSOP ME victory.

Just picture that...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

how high are you?

microbet
10-22-2005, 04:18 PM
That's a lot of single tabling. If that's what works for you, then maybe you should stick to it.

Or, maybe there's something about your poker game that, if improved, could lead you to successful multitabling.

Hard to say without knowing you.

Big Limpin'
10-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Actually doily, i do my fair share of single tabling. I mean, most of my hours are spent quadding, during primetime...that what pays the bills. But often if im awake and bored in the mornings/early afternoons, i like to just boot up a single table and get *really* into it. Observing everyone, on every hand...really thinking about how and when i put my money in, etc. And i usually go for something a little different than 10person NL (the soup of the day)...ill hit a 3 table sng, or a PLomaha or something.

There is zero doubt in my mind that i play better poker this way, its just too bloody inefficient at making $cash money$.

Single tabling has got to be the way to go if you arent playing (solely) for the money and just want to play A+ poker.

Oh, and yeah, i *DO* bomb the screen rez to like 1280x960...its wicked realistic, cough. Helps to smoke doob just before too...get soooo into it.

BL'

Vetstadium
10-22-2005, 04:23 PM
8 tabling has made me a much better player I feel, don't get bored and play the "right way" if there is a right way.

A_Junglen
10-22-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8 tabling has made me a much better player I feel, don't get bored and play the "right way" if there is a right way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to make a similar comment...my play quality drops if I only play 1-3 tables.

10-22-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to make a similar comment...my play quality drops if I only play 1-3 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I play too many hands out of boredom with not enough tables.

zambonidrivr
10-22-2005, 04:29 PM
i quad table, but i always just 2 table when i am moving up a level.

yabastid
10-22-2005, 05:04 PM
My wife does when she plays.

The Yugoslavian
10-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I 'single-tabled' your mom last night Trabeck!

SkipperBoob does...two if he's had his meds and is feelin' really frisky.

Yugoslav

istewart
10-22-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My wife does when she plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

wmspringer
10-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I 1-table HU tournies :-)

wiggs73
10-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I still single-table every now and then. I play between 1 and 8 tables depending on how I'm feeling and what buy-in I'm playing. Just depends.

And like someone else said, I'm pretty sure everyone starts out single tabling. I remember when I tried 2 tabling for the first time and felt like it was way too much. Now I tend to open up Firefox and mess around unless I'm playing more than 4 tables. It comes with time...

lorinda
10-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Page Jacobson. 1000 SNGs (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3430772&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

Lori

10-22-2005, 10:01 PM
At the moment I 1-4 table the $55's. I had an 8% ROI after 1000 $22's and $33's. So naturally I moved up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really try to improve now, and pay attention. Another reason why I play one table is because when I play early in the weekends, there are like 15000 people at party, in stead of the ~60000 now.