PDA

View Full Version : how do i get my office xp pro activation key

elmo
10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
So I bought a new computer that is running xp pro 64-bit, but I want to install the office applications that I used on my previous computer. I have the CD for office xp pro, but have managed to lose the activation key. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a new key from microsoft, or should I not waste my time?

jnalpak
10-22-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I bought a new computer that is running xp pro 64-bit, but I want to install the office applications that I used on my previous computer. I have the CD for office xp pro, but have managed to lose the activation key. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a new key from microsoft, or should I not waste my time?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite difficult but i havent had this problem in a while. When I lost mine i was lucky to have a friend with a corp accnt. I would suggest calling and asking them the policy. Losing their serial number is like wearing a scarlet letter.

Good luck.

JDErickson
10-23-2005, 12:52 AM
There is a way to find your SN from your old install. But if you have already formatted then that won't work. Call Microsoft and they can probably help

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a way to find your SN from your old install. But if you have already formatted then that won't work. Call Microsoft and they [b]will tell you to contact the computer manufacturer that sold you the original software.

[/ QUOTE ]