PDA

View Full Version : $1/2 Is absolute worth playing?

Womble
10-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I dont know if this is a downswing/poor play or a bad site. I usually play only the party $1/2 for bonuses but now the skins have broken up I have started playing at absolute. Are the games always tight at absolute?

I have lost over 50bb but I cant monitor my stats because its not automatic and I always forget to request the hands. It may be that I need PT to show stats. Would help alot just for table stats to see how good/bad they are.

What are your views on this? I always start to doubt myslef after a downsing so am looking for advice/.

EvanJC
10-22-2005, 03:43 PM
absolute is tighter but beatable. 50bb downswing is nothing though

thesharpie
10-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Export player notes into Absolute.

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
PT and pokerace hud work

thesharpie
10-22-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PT and pokerace hud work

[/ QUOTE ]

HOORAY!

TTChamp
10-22-2005, 04:20 PM
You shouldn't need to request hands anymore. They noe store HH locally.

imported_leader
10-22-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if this is a downswing/poor play or a bad site. I usually play only the party $1/2 for bonuses but now the skins have broken up I have started playing at absolute. Are the games always tight at absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience 1/2 absolute isn't that tough.

[ QUOTE ]
I have lost over 50bb

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Last night. It's not unusual.

[ QUOTE ]
but I cant monitor my stats because its not automatic and I always forget to request the hands. It may be that I need PT to show stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe you "need" PT stats to beat 1/2 Abs. Just try to get general reads on each player.

[ QUOTE ]
Would help alot just for table stats to see how good/bad they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more important that the person to you right is a fish and not a TAG.

[ QUOTE ]
What are your views on this? I always start to doubt myslef after a downsing so am looking for advice/.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to get better at poker you need to stop looking at 50BB as a "downswing." 50BB is a bad night. A downswing is a bad couple of weeks at least.

imported_leader
10-22-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't need to request hands anymore. They noe store HH locally.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, you need the BETA patch for it to work properly.

10-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Abs full games are tight and generally decent because of this.

Abs shorthanded games are loose and terrible. The players are predictable and bad. Just have a preflop recommendations chart, a knowledge of pot odds and implied odds, and some general shorthanded strategy, and you will have no trouble beating these games. You wont even need a hud.

(note - abs offers fairly good redeposit bonuses. You can pretty much always be clearing one there)

oreogod
10-23-2005, 02:59 AM
If u are talking about full games yeah. but you are posting in the shorthanded forum, so maybe u need to practice better table selection.

lautzutao
10-23-2005, 03:58 AM
1/2 6-max is SOFT on Absolute. It's probably just a downswing.

blackize
10-23-2005, 05:09 AM
AP 1/2 is super weak tight. You should be making a killing between the weak tighties and bonus whoring.

2+2 wannabe
10-23-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1/2 6-max is SOFT on Absolute. It's probably just a downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

with you there of course it is /images/graemlins/tongue.gif - j/k