PDA

View Full Version : Help me to not play bad.

Godfather80
10-22-2005, 03:25 PM
SB in the hand is 31.7/1.7/1.27. Button just sat down.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($24.60)
MP3 ($89.55)
CO ($25.65)
Button ($6.40)
SB ($22.20)
BB ($4.45)
UTG ($24.20)
UTG+1 ($36.90)
UTG+2 ($13.15)
MP1 ($39.05)

Preflop: Hero dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.50) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4.8</font>, SB calls $4.80, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?

Mercman572
10-22-2005, 03:33 PM
what position are you? This is pretty even between folding calling and raising I think. calling allows SB to draw, but raising could lose a draw or worse jack and isolate you against a better hand. folding you probably fold the best hand but calling sucks too. SB could be drawing since he didn't lead and you likely are beating button. Another club gives you the nut redraw and could likely win a big pot.

The_Bends
10-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Call, check the turn. Fold to a bet if a /images/graemlins/club.gif comes, call a reasonable bet if a blank comes. A raise and a cold call is worrying but the SB could easily have a flush draw here, button could easly have Jx. I don't think I can fold the flop with those pot odds, you simply have to be mindfull that you may have to let the hand go later on. I'd be careful for the rest of the hand and try to get to showdown as cheap as possible

Hoopster81
10-22-2005, 03:35 PM
I fold. That 3x BB pre-flop raise is pretty disgusting. I say make it 5x or don't make it at all.

Godfather80
10-22-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold. That 3x BB pre-flop raise is pretty disgusting. I say make it 5x or don't make it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard preflop raise when folded to.

Godfather80
10-22-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call, check the turn. Fold to a bet if a /images/graemlins/club.gif comes, call a reasonable bet if a blank comes. A raise and a cold call is worrying but the SB could easily have a flush draw here, button could easly have Jx. I don't think I can fold the flop with those pot odds, you simply have to be mindfull that you may have to let the hand go later on. I'd be careful for the rest of the hand and try to get to showdown as cheap as possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to fold to a turn club considering I'd have the nut flush draw.

10-22-2005, 03:43 PM
You need to call here as it was a modest raise... villian could also hold a J (but you have the top kicker) and is protecting his hand with and/or discouraging you from chasing a flush draw.

You need to see the turn as you have top pair with top kicker and some extra outs (outside nut flush draw and outside straight).

Regards, Steve

10-22-2005, 04:03 PM
I agree, but if the action is too heavy, you have to assume you're down to 7outs max. Folding to this small of a raise with TPTK seems a little too weak to me. I'm an aggressive player, so I tend to lean towards reraising. But in this situation I believe calling to be the best option and evaluate again on the turn. If the club comes, it is very likely one of these guys made the flush. In that case I'd only continue if the bet was small enough to give me the right odds on my redraw, which I assume will be unlikely. Now, if the turn is a true blank, I'd come out betting the pot or 3/4 pot with the intention of folding to a raise. The SB's cold call is suspicious. It could mean a draw or a slowplaying set. I think most SS players slowplay a set here. Just something to be cautious of.

10-22-2005, 04:38 PM
If I'm reading this correctly...you're BB? If thats the case, your stack is terribly short, and I"d call simply because you're so shortstacked.

If you had a normal size stack, it depends how agressive you like to play. A fold isn't a bad play at all.

If you decide to keep playing, I'd reraise here. I'm guessing that will eliminate 1 player, and leave the other.

On the turn, if a club comes, I push. Because I reraised, its unlikely the guy has a flush draw. Its more likely he has a set. Because of this, when I push on the flush draw, he'd be weary. Even if you get called with a set, you still have outs. If the turn is something that could have helped him (paired board), then i check and likely fold to a large bet.

10-22-2005, 04:46 PM
If there are 6 folds in front of him, I believe that makes Hero the CO, not the BB.

Godfather80
10-22-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm reading this correctly...you're BB? If thats the case, your stack is terribly short, and I"d call simply because you're so shortstacked.

If you had a normal size stack, it depends how agressive you like to play. A fold isn't a bad play at all.

If you decide to keep playing, I'd reraise here. I'm guessing that will eliminate 1 player, and leave the other.

On the turn, if a club comes, I push. Because I reraised, its unlikely the guy has a flush draw. Its more likely he has a set. Because of this, when I push on the flush draw, he'd be weary. Even if you get called with a set, you still have outs. If the turn is something that could have helped him (paired board), then i check and likely fold to a large bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the confusion. I'm the CO. Playing with a short stack is something I only do in tournaments; and then only if it is unavoidable.

10-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I think the most likely hands here are the SB having a flush draw/straight draw and the Button having a worse jack.

Out of the three options, I'd really lean towards reraising the pot.

What other reads to you have on the SB? Is he the kind of player who would sandbag a big hand like a set on a flop like that or is he the kind of player who will pot it to make it seem like he's bullying you or because he's protecting his hand?

I don't like calling, how do you play if anything but a total brick comes off on the turn? You may as well fold to the mini raise on the flop.

In a hand like this, frankly you may go broke. But you should be able to handle that.... pump it.