PDA

View Full Version : Saving Itunes songs as MP3?

Indiana
10-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Whenever I try to save it comes out as MPEG4 file. This is not playable in my MP3 device.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Indy

A_Junglen
10-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Yea..awesome apple and their Mpeg4 format...anyways

Take the audio files that are Mpeg4 and burn them using iTunes. Then re-rip them back into iTunes...finally take the files, right click covert to Mp3.

Have doing redundant work just to convert the files...i know I did!

Enjoy!

theordinaryboy
11-16-2005, 09:50 AM
hi junglen

i stumbled across this post by accident and was so happoy when i read it as i have exactly the same problem.

However, i have tried doing what you said but i cant get the option to convert to mp3.

This is exactly what i have done,

1. I placed an album i bought in the shops (the go! team) into my cd drive and imported it into itunes.

2. I then burned it onto a cd:r.

3. I then imported that cd:r back onto itunes.

At that point it asked me if i wanted to replace the existing files, i did not know what to do here so i chose not to replace the files.

I then right clicked on the selected songs and was given the option to convert to AAC (whatever that is) but i was not give the option of converting to mp3.

Please could you help me out here as i have many albums that i cannot listen to outside of my house.

Please also excuse me for any retardedness as i am not the most computer minded person.

Cheers

icepick
11-16-2005, 11:08 AM
You could just set iTunes to rip directly to MP3 and eliminate the conversion step.

cwsiggy
11-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Why use Itunes? Why not rip with EAC and have the compression convert to MP3 using lame.

11-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Your question has pretty much been answered, but here are the specifics:

* open iTunes
* click Edit --> preferences
* in the dialog that open, click the advanced tab
* click the Importing tab
* change your import settings to MP3, select your bit rate preferences, etc.

SjPdX
11-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Open file with Adobe Audition. Save a copy as MP3. Done.

theordinaryboy
11-17-2005, 10:40 AM
cheers guys

yeah i should have checked around itunes a bit more before asking, everything is good now.

Thanks again

ayamaguc
11-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Try poking around Google for the Hymn Project, a program designed to strip out the DRM encryption on Dolby AAC (MP4) files. The front end JHymn can automatically do a conversion to MP3 as well using LAME (comes all together).

icepick
11-17-2005, 04:36 PM
It's bad to convert from one lossy format to another. If you can help it, just re-rip as MP3s rather than convert.

If they're tracks you've bought from iTunes, use the burn & rip method.