PDA

View Full Version : lost amtrak ticket

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 02:12 PM
I've got to get on a amtrak train in 2 hours. I lost my ticket, whats my play? I prepaid for it online and picked it up with a credit card at the station. If I can't get a replacement its not the end of the world, its not a panic or anything though.

bdk3clash
10-22-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got to get on a amtrak train in 2 hours. I lost my ticket, whats my play? I prepaid for it online and picked it up with a credit card at the station. If I can't get a replacement its not the end of the world, its not a panic or anything though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, go to a ticket counter and tell them?

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats obviously what im going to do, im just wondering if it will work.

bdk3clash
10-22-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
IF ONLY THERE WERE SOME WAY FOR YOU TO FIND OUT!

handsome
10-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Well, I know for Greyhound, you'd have to buy another ticket. I'm pretty sure it works the same way. They say you should treat the tickets as if they were cash. Good luck, though.

arod15
10-22-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I know for Greyhound, you'd have to buy another ticket. I'm pretty sure it works the same way. They say you should treat the tickets as if they were cash. Good luck, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
AMTRAK has good service. If you miss your train with your ticket you can just grab the next one if its not booked. I think you might be able to work somthing out. Greyhound is terrible overall. But just tell them the deal i'm sure they have something set up for situations like this...

10-22-2005, 02:33 PM
You've got a 50-50 chance. Either they will or they won't.

10-22-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, no problem

jason_t
10-22-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've got a 50-50 chance. Either they will or they won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

ell. oh. ell.

tonypaladino
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why wouldn't you pick it up at the station when your about to leave?

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why wouldn't you pick it up at the station when your about to leave?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a round trip, i had picked up both tickets at penn station when i did the first leg.

end result- the woman wouldnt do it, i could have filled out a form and paid a 30$ fee (my ticket was 50) but that would have taken time and i got to the station 5 minutes before my train left. i just shelled out the 50.

-Skeme-
10-22-2005, 11:24 PM
You should've called and cancelled the previous tickets, then bought new ones.

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should've called and cancelled the previous tickets, then bought new ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that different than just buying a new one?

-Skeme-
10-22-2005, 11:28 PM
You get your money refunded for cancelled tickets, dipshit.

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You get your money refunded for cancelled tickets, dipshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. oops.

-Skeme-
10-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Listening to me: +EV 1-800-USA RAIL in case you get yourself in this predicament again.

10-22-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you prepaid for it online, shouldn't you have some type of confirmation number or something?

Just print out the email they sent you or something and show it to them at the door. Or call and figure things out. Good Luck

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Listening to me: +EV 1-800-USA RAIL in case you get yourself in this predicament again.

[/ QUOTE ]

i probably will. now amtrak needs to make sure their power outlets works. and get that fat [censored] behind me behind me to get off his cellphone and shut the [censored] up.