PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - 86th floor of the Empire State Building

pokerdirty
10-22-2005, 01:22 PM
So yesterday, I had to go the Empire State Building for my Infrastructure class. It was a lousy day, and by the time we got to the top, it was starting to drizzle. For some odd reason, my professor insists on teaching stuff at the site that could have been done in the classroom instead of 1000 feet into the air where it is about 40 degrees and windy, but whatever. After about a half hour, it starts to drizzle a little more, and one of the girls in the class pulls out an umbrella and opens it up. When she does this, the upward motion of opening the umbrella propelled an object in air, goes up about 8 feet, and strikes the professor in the face mid sentence. When we all looked down, we say a 'heavy flow' tampon on the ground. The professor was silent for about 5 seconds, as was everyone, and then bursts into laughter. For 3 minutes straight. No one in the class knew how to react to this, but after he started to laugh, we figured we'd get our giggles in too. But for about 2 minutes after the joke was over, he could not stop laughing.

No real point to this, just thought this would be a story OOT would enjoy. And I already submitted the story to Cosmo Girl, so don't bother.

sfer
10-22-2005, 01:31 PM
At night, I can see the flashbulbs from cameras on the observation deck of the Empire State Building from my apartment. It is an unobstructed view about 15 blocks directly south. I've always wondered if people could see in my apartment (I don't have curtains/blinds nor do I want them--yet). Next time someone heads up there please PM me so I can find out.

pokerdirty
10-22-2005, 01:34 PM
i saw you.