PDA

View Full Version : Help in sustaining aggression?

ElSapo
10-22-2005, 01:12 PM
The more short-handed, three-way and HU I play, the more aggressive I find myself having to be, as well as having to deal with. Generally I'm playing 2-3 tables, which I realize is a fraction of what many posters play.

Does anyone else find themselves needing frequent breaks when the action gets really aggro? I can only seem to deal with it for a bit, before I find my concentration tapering off. I can sort of mindlessly full-table for longer stretches, but dealing with constant raising and raises is tougher.

Anyone else face this? I know my play deteriorates after a while - sometimes 20-30 minutes of really shorthanded action is all I can maintain focus at...

ElSapo

10-22-2005, 06:07 PM
After you play a lot of shorthanded, you'll find your whole poker game becomming more agressive. For the most part I play shorthanded limit, but I also play some limit-full games. Often in the full games I have to remind myself to tone it down a notch and reassure myself that my middle pair-good kicker isnt likely to win the pot.

ElSapo
10-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, really what I meant was dealing with aggression on a continued basis, and maybe handling the swings. I think that's part of the problem -- the HUSH swings drive me nuts, and maybe that's just something I'll only become truly accustomed to over 10s of thousands of hands...