PDA

View Full Version : Which hand is the favored?

IaHawk
06-05-2003, 03:36 PM
I was watching the WPT the other night and started thinking to myself how they figure so and so is a 4 to 1 favorite over his opponent. Can someone direct me to a site or explain to me how to figure who is favored.

Example: When the WPT was at paris and it was down to the last two, I believe the hand was a 77 vs AKs and they said they were pretty much even or that 77 was a slight favorite. How do they figure that? Any help would be appreciated.

IaHawk

Nottom
06-05-2003, 03:49 PM
www.twodimes.net (http://www.twodimes.net/poker)

NutJob
06-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Its free, but you get what you pay for...I find the twodimes interface and output inscrutable. If you are asking that question, than it is more than worthwhile to pick up a copy of Turbo Hold Em so you can practice for free before venturing any real money. There is a facility for this type of "all in" probability that is much easier to understand. (I have no stock in Wilson!)

1800GAMBLER
06-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Simple ones like that example are done with probability of the outs. AK has 6 outs, probability of one of those 6 outs hitting is just less than half.

Of course you have the other events of AK making broadway to think about but the probability is so small you might as well forget about it. Unless you have a calc at the poker table and care about making an edge equal to about 2c per hour.

The flush you can pretty much forget about if the AK is unsuited and different suits to the 6s they have the same chance of making their flushes, so they cancel.