PDA

View Full Version : need help on end game, heads up tournament play

JJNJustin
10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
I play online sitngoes and multitable tournaments, and do fairly well. I usually get close to the money or in the money. However, most of the time my cashes are towards the bottom end, i.e. the bubble, and not at the top. I feel this is mostly due to my horrible heads up and short handed nolimit tourney strategy. I feel like I am just getting raised out of too many blinds and feel too gutless to take a stand with something like K7s or J8s. Any basic simple advice would be helpful, as there may be some simple principles I am not aware of.

thanks

-J

betgo
10-22-2005, 12:49 PM
I think you know what your problem is. Play very aggressively. You need to raise, call raises, and reraise with hands that are marginal at a full table. Don't be afraid to reraise allin. Don't be afraid to bluff at the flop. If either player has less than 10xBB, push preflop most hands.

valenzuela
10-22-2005, 02:43 PM
1)Read betgo post.
2)Play more agressive than betgo.

bawcerelli
10-22-2005, 04:21 PM
here's your problem pal. you're looking for a hand like K8 to "defend" with. what you should be doing is looking for a similar hand and RAISING with. Let them choose to "defend" or not.