PDA

View Full Version : Bet/Fold or Check/Fold

toss
10-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I open raise 77 from UTG+2, Loose Donkey coldcalls, Loose BB calls. 3 to the flop for 6.5 SBs.

Flop J89 two spades, I have a spade.

BB checks, I think about checking because the Loose Donkey is very often going to raise here with a draw, a pair, and nothing. He's also going to call a bunch and put me in a tough spot on the turn. BB is also calling a lot. I decide checking is too weak so I bet. Good bet Bad bet?

Borodog
10-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Bad bet. J89 is all over the playing zone. Someone has you beat a majority of the time, given the "loose" description, they're going to the river, and you have 4 outs that put a 4 straight on the board.

Check-fold.

W. Deranged
10-22-2005, 12:39 PM
This is a reverse-implied-odds-nightmare.

Even if you're ahead, you're presumably dodging half the deck on both streets. Most any draw villain might have also has either a pair or a bunch of clean overcards.

"Bow out gracefully..."

Grifter
10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree. Not only are you bad against the likely ranges of hands, but if you bet here and get two callers, your hand becomes almost impossible to play on the turn (unless a 6 falls). Any spade or any overcard and you have to check/fold the turn right? Especially being caught in the middle of two loose players. Check/fold and wait for a better spot.
Your Thoughts?

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was 8 9 10 on the board. Now it's even worse

toss
10-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah I bet and folded. Would you still check if it was HU with the Loose Donkey?