PDA

View Full Version : Raising suited connectors

zoobird
10-22-2005, 07:08 AM
What do people think of the idea in this http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3740795&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1 post from the 1-table tournaments forum? Basically he's saying raising with low-to-mid suited connectors works better than playing weak high card hands like KJ, QJ, KT because the hands are less likely to be dominated. The responses over there weren't too helpful because some of the most respected posters made fun of his presenting the idea as if it was a brand new theory. What does everyone think?

Sluss
10-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Really it is a SuperSystem concept. So it has been around for a long time and is successful.

10-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I always took raising SCs to be a late tourney idea when you have a short stack. I often push late in a tourney when I still have FE and I don't think I can make it to the money or higher in the money w/o stealing this blind because after paying blinds later I won't have the same FE.

In the beginning of the tourney I take it like a cash game. Raise premium hands, steal from MP with decent hands, expand alot in LP.

In the middle of the tourney I like to raise with any two esp. if I have chips. On the bubble I never let up if I have anywhere near the average stack.

Your cards really don't matter if you won't see a showdown anyways. That is my philosophy and that is what allows me to raise any two. I think I'm rambling so I'll quit but I hope at least some of this helped.