PDA

View Full Version : Enough alcohol?

xorbie
10-22-2005, 06:41 AM
My friend who is hosting the party thinks it is, I think it might not be. They are estimating 30+ ppl will show, possibly up to 50 passing though. Most will not stay the whole night, but I'd say there is a good chance we have around thirty doing the bulk of their drinking there.

They are getting:

One keg
4 cases of beer
Some jungle juice
Some alcohol for shots, not sure what or how much but this will not be what people will be drinking.

IHateKeithSmart
10-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Borderline. You've basically got 250 beers there, plus unknown quantities of the other stuff. I'd add another keg to be safe, but I don't know how much your friends drink.

uw_madtown
10-22-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Borderline. You've basically got 250 beers there, plus unknown quantities of the other stuff. I'd add another keg to be safe, but I don't know how much your friends drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really depends how much of that other stuff will be bought, and how much will be drank (depends on the tastes of the people coming). If they're going to have a fair amount of jungle juice and shots, should be okay. If not, or if people aren't going to drink it, then I'd say just dump the jungle juice and get a few more cases or a quarter barrel.

wacki
10-22-2005, 06:55 AM
If they are pussy's - you have more than enough.
if they are animals - not close

10-22-2005, 06:59 AM
The only dangerous amount is none.

Malachii
10-22-2005, 07:01 AM
It's not like alcohol goes bad. The more the merrier.

JackWilson
10-22-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend who is hosting the party thinks it is, I think it might not be. They are estimating 30+ ppl will show, possibly up to 50 passing though. Most will not stay the whole night, but I'd say there is a good chance we have around thirty doing the bulk of their drinking there.

They are getting:

One keg
4 cases of beer
Some jungle juice
Some alcohol for shots, not sure what or how much but this will not be what people will be drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the tastes of the people coming, but I suspect you might not have enough hard liquor, unless people are bringing their own.

Los Feliz Slim
10-22-2005, 10:28 AM
This might be barely adequate. Too much alcohol >>>>>>>> not enough alcohol. Need more hard liquor and mixers.

RunDownHouse
10-22-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not like alcohol goes bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kegs do go bad unless you've got a kegerator set up.

Unless those cases are extremely cost-efficient, Keystone or something, dump them and get another keg instead. That'll get you about 60 more beers on top of what you have now for not much more cash. Then mix up another batch of jungle juice.

TheMetetron
10-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Does nobody know how to throw a good party around here?

I'd say 5 beers per person is about what I usually get. Then again, I've also got a full bar in my house and mix up a crapload of drinks for the girls, so it's not really an issue.

Get some hard liquor, learn to mix drinks, and whatever you don't use is still going to be good for a long ass time. I recommend crap alcohol for the majority of the people there and good stuff for the girls you are trying to screw (notice, girls.. plural). Then you also have your ~5 beers per person there which will be more than enough, but that's okay because too much beer is never bad.

BadBoyBenny
10-22-2005, 05:28 PM
It depends on what's in the keg somewhat, but you could add another quarter barrel of something different.

Also, don't put out the cases until the kegs are kicked.

boedeker
10-22-2005, 05:33 PM
only people that get quarter barrels are oldies drinking nice [censored]. 45 bucks of pbr or natty should do it.

xorbie
10-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Well I talked to my friend, he said another keg is not an option, but I'm trying to talk them into another case or two. Might not be as efficient but (a) easier to store after and (b) you can keep it in the corner and if we do run out, some people will leave and then my friends and i plus whichever ladies we deem suitable can stay and finish off what is left.

lacticacid
10-22-2005, 06:39 PM
The best jungle juice mixture:
2 Cases of cheap beer
2 handles of vodka
5 pounds of ice
1 1/2 things of country time lemonaide

Tastes like country time lemonaide as the alcohol cancels each other out and its like 15% alcohol. It could probably be made with grain alcohol if you were adventurous.

Roommates in college doubted me when we first made it but it kicks ass.

10-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes, just make jungle juice and people can take them like shots. 50% Vodka, 50% juice. Girls get wasted really fast on it. Also have beer of course.

EMcWilliams
10-22-2005, 10:54 PM
2 things of supermarket brand fruit punch and 2 of cheap vodka does the trick for JJ.

10-22-2005, 10:55 PM
The answer is:

There can NEVER, EVER be enough alcohol. Period.