PDA

View Full Version : Winning A lot

jzpiano14
10-22-2005, 05:04 AM
Alright I just ran into what I think is a big prob, I dont' like money....seriously though, I was winning big on the 400NL tonight, up to 1k and then got overexcited, i think that was the problem, and then procced to (what's the opposite of tilt) hand it back to the point of I had my buy in back, I wanted to kick myself in the nuts

Thoughts?

runout_mick
10-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Do you do yoga?

I'm not flexible enough to kick myself there...

jzpiano14
10-22-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you do yoga?

I'm not flexible enough to kick myself there...

[/ QUOTE ]

No but I'm starting to think about it so whenever I make a donk play I will learn not to do it again...

Poldi
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
If you play worse after winning big you should quit. Thats not the same like "quitting winners", usually you play better when you are winning and have a strong table image so this is your most profitable time but in your case it is clearly not.
If you notice in the future that you get overexcited, get up from the table.
You will feel great because you won a lot AND because you did a good move by playing when you were at a good level and then quitting when your playing ability went worse.

AEKDBet
10-23-2005, 04:53 PM
It happens to us all. I remember one time at the 400's I played for ~20 mins and was up 4 buyins after a gross rush of cards.

I finished the day even and felt so sick about it. It's just the lumps that go along with poker. It gets easier to deal with over time. On a positive note at least your desire to win is there.

10-24-2005, 04:50 AM
did this happen the first time? if not you really have to stop playing. maybe getting up, having a little break, doing something completely different before continuing playing is enough to come down.

SNOWBALL138
10-24-2005, 04:54 AM
people can have very different reactions to the fluctuations in no limit. I recommend giving limit a try.

jzpiano14
10-24-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
people can have very different reactions to the fluctuations in no limit. I recommend giving limit a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a 5/10 max limit player before I made the switch over to NL and enjoy it SOOO much more than limit that I don't know if I'll go back, occasionaly at most

10-24-2005, 12:12 PM
You don't have to book a win every session and you know that.