PDA

View Full Version : Typical AK OOP

orange
10-22-2005, 04:49 AM
$.25/.50 NL live homegame. 6 handed.

You and villan each have ~$75. Villan has been playing LAG, showing down junk (Q8,76,etc). He is very aggressive, and will bet when he senses weakness. He is a pretty good player and can lay down most times. He doesn't respect anyone though, and plays well postflop.

Hero has been playing TAG.

PF: Hero has AKo in EP. Hero raises to $2. All fold to Villan, who calls in LP.

($4.5)Flop: A 8 9r
Hero bets $4. Villan raises to $16.

Whats hero's play from here? Call and bet a blank turn?

10-22-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
live homegame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, definatly the way to go, online homegames just don't have the same feel /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Srry, I'm an ass. Anyway, if villian is smart enough to check behind on the turn with a straight draw if you call his flop raise, then I like the call and bet blank turn option. If there is a significant chance he will bet the turn if checked to, I like a call flop and checkraise a blank turn.

orange
10-22-2005, 01:51 PM
I thought the call/bet blank turn would be best. Villan hand range is very large, any Ace, straight draw, 2nd pair, etc.

Hero calls $12.
Turn:(~$36.5) 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on board.
Hero...?

10-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, if you have very rarely seen him fire three barrels, you can check/call one more time, and check/fold river to a decent bet. This line is basically saying to him "I have a decent hand, go ahead and try to move me off it cause I'll call down"

edit: upon looking at stack sizes I don't like this as much, because by the river villian's all-in won't be much relative to the pot. The power of this line comes from when there is a greater that pot bet left in your stacks, this makes it harder for villian to bluff the river. I would stick wither either the check/fold check/raise option. If he checks behind I lead just about any river, probably folding to a raise.

Besides that, I would check/fold the turn, unless if he bets the turn I am about 50% sure my hand is currently in the lead, then I would check-raise all in. It sucks if you have to check/fold this, but it may be the right play if depending on how laggy he is