PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 6max, ATs and some bluff inducing

10-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero raises, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls.

partygirluk
10-22-2005, 04:11 AM
This is a fairly common situation that I play the same against most opponents (inc. unknowns). Interesting to hear others' thoughts on this.

V. a typical 10/20 opponent I hate getting c/r here, the pot is small so giving a free card isn't so disastrous, you get to see showdown, and these guys bluff a LOT when you check behind on the turn. I will bet/fold here with AK no hearts.

10-22-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
V. a typical 10/20 opponent I hate getting c/r here

[/ QUOTE ]

yes boo to that.

ArturiusX
10-22-2005, 04:49 AM
I like it. We can also fold the river if another heart appears.

Poldi
10-22-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. We can also fold the river if another heart appears.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. SB hasnt done anything that tells us he got something, he completed preflop, called a flop that hits a shitload of hands, checked the turn and then bluffed the river vs a check which most of these guys do with any2. If there are 4 hearts on board then he has a even bigger chance to make you fold so he might bluff just about anything.
You are getting 4:1 and you will clearly be good more often than that.

NLSoldier
10-22-2005, 07:12 AM
I hate it. He would bet or CR the flop with an 8. He would almost never try to CR taht turn with the straight. Dont give his crappy heart a free look.

deepsquat
10-22-2005, 07:13 AM
I dont like it. Why give a free card to overs, draws etc.

It seems like we are checking out of fear of being c/raised rather than value betting and protecting.

I prefer this in a WA/WB spot. Giving a freecard here sucks when we have a vulnerabe, made hand.

partygirluk
10-22-2005, 07:17 AM
So for those of you that bet, what do you do if raised?

NLSoldier
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calldown.

NLSoldier
10-22-2005, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calldown.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit-i played literally this exact same hand tonight. THe guy CRed, I thought, what a [censored], he would never do that with the striaght. So I called down and the pot got shipped.

Catt
10-22-2005, 12:48 PM
I bet the turn to induce a bluff C/R. Call down if raised.

10-22-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why give a free card to overs, draws etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

because the pot is really small? I don't know if it's right, but I didn't think I was giving up that much