PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 Hand + play

xwillience
10-22-2005, 03:26 AM
ive been at 2/4 for about 3500 hands so far...ive been busy with school this past week but i was excited to play this weekend i started off 2 tables for a while made some money but in the past several hundred hands i dropped 400 its been like this in all my sessions up at first then give it all back... my 1450 roll is at 1070. is my play wrong.... i know im having a hard time laying down hands on the end so here is an example of a hand where i know im beat but i call down.... tell me how i played it .

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

not really crazy about the three bet but i think i was late enough to raise KJ here maybe wait till MPish?

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

dont really care about the dueces but i flop top pair im raising it. BB just calls the riase so starting to put him on
big cards maybe AJ but i would have expected a rr.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

[censored] has Aces or Kings or Queens im beat and i know it

River: (10.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

11:1 on the call plus i still have TPGK

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

also im looking for someone who wouldnt mind runnign over hand histories with me in a more extensive manner... i dont understand why im having such a hard time here my PT stats are inline with good play if anything my aggression could come up a bit and im loosing money with AKs... any tips, voodoo, satanic rituals or anything in general that will help me out of this slump would be greatly appreciated. also raising KQo in the BB yay or nay?

Harv72b
10-22-2005, 03:35 AM
KJo you generally want to wait until at least MP to raise with; you can push that ahead a little if the table is playing very tightly and/or you have an excellent table image. If you often find yourself struggling with marginal hands like this postflop, you can push it even further back (only openraising from CO or beyond, for example). For most of us, KJo is an automatic muck from EP.

As far as the postflop play goes, and assuming you have no read on the BB, I like the flop play, but you have to be able to get away from your hand when he check/raises the turn. There aren't a whole lot of players who will 3-bet from the BB with anything less than a premium pair, especially on 2/4, and the line he took postflop indicates exactly that.

An alternative line would be to check through the turn once it's heads up and call a bet on a non-ace river which doesn't improve your hand; your best hope is that he was playing AK or TT, and if that is the case, then he is drawing to only 3 or 2 outs, respectively, against you (barring him holding A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif specifically). You could use this line if you felt that your opponent was tricky enough to check/raise the turn with a worse hand than your TPGK.

Klompy
10-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm not even playing k,j os in that position, much less raising it. I think i'ts a pretty easy fold pf.