PDA

View Full Version : better hand detector?

tommo
10-22-2005, 01:29 AM
does anybody know if a program exists that can list hands that currently beat yours in an easy to read manner? I feel like this could improve my reads quite a bit. If it also listed current draws that would be nice.

mattw
10-22-2005, 01:41 AM
i appologize if im sounding like a smart-ass, its not my intention. you shouldnt need a program to tell you what you are seeking.

tommo
10-22-2005, 01:45 PM
I think maybe you are considering hands where you are probably way ahead, I play high stakes short handed and a lot of the time, while not difficult and very possible, it takes time to read your opponents by their actions and their possible holdings. It would be a great visual aid to go through the hands that you should be considering and see if they match up to opponent actions.

mattw
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
i think i understand whay you are asking. to my knowledge, there is no such program. there are a couple of programs for after the fact analysis, pokerstove and twodimes.

tommo
10-22-2005, 03:21 PM
yeah...I know about those. But oh well. I guess I could try to make one myself, shouldn't be that difficult...

Evan
10-22-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play high stakes short handed

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would be a great visual aid to go through the hands that you should be considering and see if they match up to opponent actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy.

tommo
10-22-2005, 10:40 PM
oh boy? I'm a significant winner at $400 nl 8PTBB/100 I have been playing for a couple years, I think you're a little too full of yourself if you don't think this kind of thing would be atleast a little bit helpful.

Evan
10-23-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh boy? I'm a significant winner at $400 nl 8PTBB/100 I have been playing for a couple years, I think you're a little too full of yourself if you don't think this kind of thing would be atleast a little bit helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buddy, relax. I'm glad that you're winning and I never said that you weren't. I do think it's funny that you want this type of software because you're essentially asking for something to think critically for you. Statistical software that most people use just spits out data, it doesn't analyze it. That's what you're asking for. I have a hard time believing that someone that plays "high limit shorthanded" successfully would want artificial help in that regard; not because it's wrong on a ethical level, but because it would just be a big pain in the ass and it would (should) slow you down and hinder your performance. I don't think I'm full of myself, but I also don't think that's very relevant.

To get back to your question, I have no idea if that type of software exists, but I would discourage you from using it if you're really a solid player.