PDA

View Full Version : CFB 10/22

Vince Young
10-22-2005, 01:20 AM
YTD 19-12-0(+7.57)

North Carolina PK(-105) vs. Virginia
Virginia has looked like crap on the road all year, and UNC plays much better at home. Besides the ass-kicking they took at the hands of Louisville 2 weeks ago, they have looked very solid. Virginia is overrated coming off of an emotional win over Florida State. UNC won't make as many mistakes as Florida State did, though. They should be motivated, having an extra week to prepare, and will bring this injured Virginia team back down to earth.

BYU +18(-102) @ Notre Dame
Notre Dame did a great job of defending Matt Leinart last week, but they still have a pretty weak secondary, and BYU has the 11th best passing offense in the country. BYU's defense isn't very good, but I don't see Notre Dame stepping up to put this one out of reach. Last week was a heartbreaker for Notre Dame, and although they are much better than BYU, I don't expect them to play to their full potential tomorrow.

LSU -5.5 vs. Auburn
LSU continues to look better each game. Their defense has been great the last 3 games, and Auburn doesn't have the kind of defense that can stop LSU on the other side of the ball. Auburn has somehow creeped back into the top 15 after losing its opener at home, and the public is taking notice. LSU is much better than Auburn, and should easily cover, especially with the line being driven down.

And the Big XII Lock of the Week...(6-1-0)

Texas Tech +17(-102) @ Texas
I think the main reason Texas is laying this many points is because of the beating they put on Tech last year in Lubbock. I don't see Texas hanging 50 or holding Tech to 21 this year, though. Texas's pass defense is good, but they haven't faced an offense half as good as Tech yet. Tech's defense is fast and won't let Texas burn them with big plays like they have everyone else. With Selvin Young playing instead of Charles, the running game is a lot weaker, and turnovers become a big issue. Tech won't win, but they should hold their own.

27offsuit
10-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Thanks Vince.

Like TT

10-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Virginia is ready to play ball..They broke into the top 25
and them boys are pumped up,and will show up to play ball.

slavic
10-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Hi VY, as a mna who has seen many a Tech game I have to say these games are normally pretty tight with the odd "take em out behind the woodshed" every few years. Tech always seems to get the most out of the talent, so I'd say your pick probably has a bit of an edge to it. At -102 it's doing fine.

I agree that last years game is pushing this line, so I went back and watched it again, and man I just can't see Texas doing the same thing. Texas put on a clinic that day, and hasn't been that clean of a team this year. Then again their is quite abit of tallent in that backfiled.

BTW Jamal Charles has been cleared to play.

Vince Young
10-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Started off well, and went downhill from there. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

YTD 20-15-0(+5.43)

10-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Vince, you gotta have more confidence in yourself! I've been backing you the whole way!