PDA

View Full Version : Syria

Nepa
10-22-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm staring to hear the war drum beating for an invation of Syria. How are they going to sell this war?

jokerthief
10-22-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm staring to hear the war drum beating for an invation of Syria. How are they going to sell this war?

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are you hearing or from where?

Nepa
10-22-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are you hearing or from where?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2005/10/21/bush-pushes-un-for-urgent_n_9300.html

BluffTHIS!
10-22-2005, 02:34 AM
1) Orchestrated assasination of the leader of a neighboring country and are thus a threat to the entire middle east;

2) Provide haven and support for terrorists;

and .......................................

3) Are hiding Saddam's WMD's.

[censored]
10-22-2005, 02:59 AM
oh [censored] I hope so. If true this could easily sway me back into the GWB camp.

Cyrus
10-22-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm staring to hear the war drum beating for an invation of Syria.

[/ QUOTE ] oh I hope so. If true this could easily sway me back into the GWB camp.

[/ QUOTE ]
How easily the sheep are swayed.

[censored]
10-22-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm staring to hear the war drum beating for an invation of Syria.

[/ QUOTE ] oh I hope so. If true this could easily sway me back into the GWB camp.

[/ QUOTE ]
How easily the sheep are swayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baaa Baaaa baby. If GWB isn't going to gut the new deal, cut taxes further or pack the supreme court with Thomas and Scalia clones the least he can do is get back to gold old fashioned neocon ass kicking. I'd like to get something worthwhile out of the next 3 years.

Stu Pidasso
10-22-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Iraqi's are going to invade Syria before the Americans.

Stu

10-22-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Orchestrated assasination of the leader of a neighboring country and are thus a threat to the entire middle east;

2) Provide haven and support for terrorists;

and .......................................

3) Are hiding Saddam's WMD's.

[/ QUOTE ] 1.orchestrated the assasination of an EX-leader. anyway, syria's role in the lebanese government, and their relationship to lebanons leaders was roughly akin to the U.S. relationship to Noriega in panama. if the puppet steps out of line... WHACK!!! hardly worth starting a war over.
2. Who doesn't these days.
3. Come on dude.
i don't see this war happening, i mean iraq is going reeeeaaaally well, but i just can't see starting another one. Plus, i'm in damascus right now, and that would suck.

jokerthief
10-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Does anyone actually think we are going to invade syria?

BadBoyBenny
10-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Easy sell. Get Fox New to go across the border with some US Troops. Shoot footage of the Syrians defending their territory against the Rangers, or whoever we send in there. Broadcast it claiming it was Syrian troops in league with Al Queda inside Iraq. No need to fiddle with the UN this time; there's open hosility against our boys...

Syria now = the next battle in the war on terror

It is proably the best chance for one of Bush's cabinet members to win in 2008 too. They just have to time it right. I think the invasion starting about next May sounds like the prefect time, but I'm not really into political strategy enough to know what would be the most advantageous when during the '08 campaign politically.

Nepa
10-22-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the past history of this administration I guess there is no chance.

jokerthief
10-22-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either this is very dumb sarcastic answer or a very smart serious one.

10-22-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Baaa Baaaa baby. If GWB isn't going to gut the new deal, cut taxes further or pack the supreme court with Thomas and Scalia clones the least he can do is get back to gold old fashioned neocon ass kicking. I'd like to get something worthwhile out of the next 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!

[censored], I always looked on you as such a big ole teddy bear!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nepa
10-23-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either this is very dumb sarcastic answer or a very smart serious one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should of said it like this.

Either this is a very smart sarcastic answer or a very dumb serious one.

jokerthief
10-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Nope. Bush can't pull off another war because of the fiasco that is Iraq. He may want to, which is your point and I think you are correct, but he will never get congress or any other country to go along with it unless another terrorist attack happens in the US. I also highly doubt Bush would have the moxie to invade Syria without the support of congress.

HopeydaFish
10-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Besides, right now the military is stretched too thin. The US doesn't have the manpower for another war and occupation while they're bogged down in Iraq.

Congress would never authorize another war, anyway. It wouldn't go over well with the vast majority of voters.

This all flies out the window if Syria does something particularly evil in the next few years. Evil against the US, that is.