PDA

View Full Version : transition to the 55's

BrettP217
10-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Just last week i tried to move up to the 55's with 30 buy ins, and i lost my first 8 sng's at that level. So I went back to the 33's and built the roll back up to where i was and am ready to take another shot. I'm not at all used to the 1000 in chips instead of the 800 at the lower levels. In what ways should switch up my game to adapt to the new level of players and starting chips. Im planing on testing out the new waters sometime tomorow... wish me luck

thanks for the responses inadvance

Ogre
10-22-2005, 01:15 AM
play 1 table
dont be scared

Seth Money
10-22-2005, 01:20 AM
I'd prefer to say dont be scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'd.

And more importantly. Play tighter then you normally would. You have more chips to work with now. I always played like it was my last dime and every single move mattered the most. It worked for me but I'm guessing like everything in life you just have to get over the mental part and belive that your going to win.

GL

Seth

BrettP217
10-22-2005, 01:27 AM
wouldnt you want to play a few more hands and draw a little more than at the lower level buy ins just because you have more chips if you miss...? obviously my thinking is somewhat flawed.

Slim Pickens
10-22-2005, 02:47 AM
Just play your game. If you don't adjust at all to the extra 200 chips, you aren't that far behind the curve. Once you get settled, worry about tweaking your game. You'll be fine.

10-22-2005, 02:57 AM
you would need to play a little tighter espcially at the later level......meaning the allin calls........also the majority of players here are very tight and pretty good post flop players...just play more and adapt to the tighter plays.....blind stealing is way more crucial at the later stages here too....so....steal blinds

Messy_Jesse
10-22-2005, 03:09 AM
OK, sure, the average player at the 55s is a lot better than the average 33 player, but advice saying to play "scrrrrred" is exactly what I want to hear as a $55player. Seriously, "scrrrrrred" money= dead money. One of the reasons that I think that I play so well is that when there are 4 players left, I play like a maniac. Noone wants to lose $100, except me /images/graemlins/wink.gif lol. When you play the $55s, you shouldnt be at all scared by the buy-in, and you should only be motivated by what you think the best move is. Just my $.02...

Slim Pickens
10-22-2005, 03:31 AM
I don't think it would be a good idea to make huge adjustments in your game to play at a slightly higher buy in. Your ROI will drop because the players are better, but 10BB is 10BB at any buy in with any number of starting chips.

Kristian
10-22-2005, 05:12 AM
I made the transition about 3 weeks ago, and feel I have been doing fine without major adjustments. The one thing that I needed to focus on was playing smart when there are many players left and the blinds are big. The 100 chip Big Blind used to be a signal to me to really open up my game, but you often need to keep cool a bit longer at the 55s than at the 33s.

johnnybeef
10-22-2005, 05:15 AM
Post flop play and patience are going to be your biggest adjustments. Also, you will be able to find more spots in which you will be able to steal blinds with a non push.

pergesu
10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont be scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'd.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's only pussy