PDA

View Full Version : And the next move is?

stokken
10-21-2005, 09:38 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t11065)
MP3 (t9575)
Hero (t15410)
Button (t15860)
SB (t7575)
BB (t25750)
UTG (t7245)
UTG+1 (t4250)
MP1 (t16150)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t150, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t150, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t525) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t450</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t1800

What do you do now?

Exitonly
10-21-2005, 09:40 PM
i call and raise him on a non-club turn.

bweiser8311962
10-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Read dependent, but I push ... maybe just call and hope a 4th club doesn't hit. But you played your J/10 suited to hit a flush or a straight and you a flush.

Rizen
10-21-2005, 09:42 PM
I re-raise to about 6k. I don't think a bigger flush raises this flop, and you don't want to give a higher club a cheap chance to outdraw you. A lot of people slowplay here, but I prefer to play the hand hard and fast.

-Rizen

Exitonly
10-21-2005, 09:59 PM
reraising him here i think is bad, it screams flush and you very well may only get money out of better flushes. The club doesnt hit the turn like 85%+ of the time, and he's OOP so he'll bet into you again.

Pasterbator
10-21-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reraising him here i think is bad, it screams flush and you very well may only get money out of better flushes. The club doesnt hit the turn like 85%+ of the time, and he's OOP so he'll bet into you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me.

Noodles
10-21-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I re-raise to about 6k. I don't think a bigger flush raises this flop, and you don't want to give a higher club a cheap chance to outdraw you

[/ QUOTE ]

yea both the obnly hand that may call you after a 6K raises is a higher flush,you frighten off lower hands,
would a set call down here?

Exitonly
10-21-2005, 10:11 PM
you'll probably get money out of a set w/ the flop reraise, cause people cant fold sets, but you'll get that money on the turn anyhow, and worse hands donate money on the turn, taht wouldnt give any on the flop.

Rizen
10-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Maybe this is a leak in my game, but in my experience a lot of players won't believe you'd re-raise with a flush, and would expect you to take the standard line of calling the flop raise and raising the turn. I've been played back at a lot here with hands as weak as TP/TK, but maybe that's just me, or maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I used to take the standard call flop, raise turn line, but judging from the stack sizes in your example vs the BB I'm guessing you're playing a rebuy, and I'm guessing it's right after the break. I'm not against calling the flop, but I think you can extract more here in this particular situation using a non-standard line.

-Rizen

KneeCo
10-21-2005, 10:34 PM
But wouldn't he be quicker to call all-in with Ac7, Ac6, 8c8 or something like that on the flop then he would on the turn? Hero lead out on the flop and it looks to me like villain is assuming that means Hero isn't holding clubs and would thus put it all in the middle.

OOP like this I probably push the flop. But what do I know? Listen to Exit.

I really like the Hero lead out at the flop btw, though I probably would have bet just a little less (the size of a standard cont. bet), not that it seemed to matter in this particualr instance.

Exitonly
10-21-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But what do I know? Listen to Exit.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no way, argue with me.

And yea the Ac probably calls a lot on the flop, ,but they'll call/bet the turn with it too, so we can get them to invest more when they're even farther behind. And maybe we can get away from the hand if the club does hit on the turn. (not sure if i would, but atleast have the option)

Noodles
10-22-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
used to take the standard call flop, raise turn line, but judging from the stack sizes in your example vs the BB I'm guessing you're playing a rebuy, and I'm guessing it's right after the break.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm yea if it is a rebuy they might call on the flop with even 2 pair if yas go all in,you never know,

but if it is a freezeout then i can only see you getting called with something really good,

Exitonly
10-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Even if it's a rebuy (which it looks like) its after the rebuy period, doubt they're still going nunts.

kuro
10-22-2005, 09:12 AM
You got check raised on a really draw heavy low board which is probably a semi-bluff with some kind of draw. It's really not all that likely that villain fires off another bet on a blank turn because draws lose a ton of equity with just one card to come. So you let these draws off cheaply if you call/bet a blank.

So I would reraise to about 6k and see if villain is willing to push because villains don't fold much early in big party mtt and he's got overcards and a flush draw, pair and a flush draw, some kind of straight flush draw, etc. where he thinks he has 15+ outs.