PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw with lots of flop action

10-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Table has been pretty LAG. Not sure if I should have 3-bet the turn or raised the river.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

River: (18.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

hemstock
10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Definetly raise the turn.
If he caps it I am raising the river as well and calling down a 3 bet.
Only Qx /images/graemlins/club.gif beats you. You have a really really powerful hand. If you are gonna lose, lose a lot.

bozlax
10-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Preflop: If the table is more L than A, then I like the limp. If you think there's a chance of a raise (especially a raise and a re-raise) behind you, I'm inclined to let this go in MP1.

Flop: I don't love facing MP3 and CO with 3 cold on the flop and facing SB, BB and UTG with 2 more. You've got the equity to do it, of course, but I'd rather keep them in until I made a hand.

Turn: you've made your hand, but SB still likes his. There is really only one hand you're worried about Q/images/graemlins/club.gifx/images/graemlins/club.gif, and I think he might've capped that on the flop. 3-bet.

River: The worst river card you could see, worse than another ace. Now any set or 2-pair including the king (and it sure looks like SB might be riding a set or AK) has just boated up, and we're screwed. Call because it's a big pot and you've got a strong hand.

Shillx
10-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Why would you not 3-bet the turn when UTG+1 is providing you with dead money... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bozlax
10-21-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only Qx /images/graemlins/club.gif beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The board is AKK98. You're also beaten by AA/KK/99/88/AK/K9/K8. Of these, IMO, only AA and KK are really out of the question in terms of how the hand was played (no pfr).

milesdyson
10-21-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The board is AKK98. You're also beaten by AA/KK/99/88/AK/K9/K8. Of these, IMO, only AA and KK are really out of the question in terms of how the hand was played (no pfr).

[/ QUOTE ]
the 2nd nuts on the turn and someone (maybe two players) padding the pot deserves another raise.

SoftcoreRevolt
10-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Preflop and Flop are good.

On the turn you have the second nuts, you need to 3 bet. If he caps and then leads the river with the board pairing, then you can think about just calling this.

ellipse_87
10-21-2005, 11:02 PM
The ranks of the accounted-for clubs make the Qc extremely unlikely--we're really only looking at 1 combination (QcTc) plus the outside chance of some QcXc from a loose player in LP. So the turn call is very MUTB-ish.

hemstock
10-21-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing, I double checked to see if the board paired /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bwana devil
10-21-2005, 11:28 PM
well played. although up to the turn i would consider the 3 bet. the chance of him having the Qxc is slim as others have pointed out is slim. id 3bet the turn. if reraised call that.

and then bet the river and call