PDA

View Full Version : Bet into w/ 99 on 22A flop

10-21-2005, 08:54 PM
No read on villian.

ABS $2/$4 6 max Holdem

Preflop: I open raise in the HJ with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Folded to the small blind who calls. BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB Bets; Hero?

wonkadaddy
10-21-2005, 10:36 PM
sometimes i raise, sometimes i call.
(sorry if that kind of sucks as far as hand advice goes, but i don't have a very proscribed response to this situation.)

it's more of a psychological game decision than an equity-advantage one, so it's pretty up in the air IMO. still, i'd be real interested to hear some other opinions here.

ArturiusX
10-21-2005, 10:38 PM
No reads makes it tough.

I call down. We want a showdown. I don't particular want to goto war, if hes holding overcards we have an equity edge, but we don't know that with an unknown.

I call down folding if a K comes.

10-22-2005, 12:40 AM
I'll guess with the lack of replies that this hand is, in a way, similar to Lmn55d's hand in his post "Does he have a pocket pair often enough here?". I'm sure people are more than familiar with that post.

I did in fact call...I filled up on the turn with a 9 so the rest of the hand was easy to play.

Thanks,
Lozing

blackize
10-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Well glad you filled up, but in the ABS 2/4 games the donkbet almost always means you are behind on this drawless board. Out of curiosity was he holding an A or a 2?