PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nut straight on a 2 suit board, when to come alive?

Jinx
10-21-2005, 08:24 PM
BM 100 hollywood game. Real fishy table. Guy to my right is an ultra LAG who's gotten a good run of cards. Everyone else in the hand is moderately fishy.

2 limpers, hero limps T /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in CO. Both blinds come along, 11 bucks in pot after rake.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, checked to ultra lag who bets 15. Do I raise here or do I wait for turn to come alive on a non spade?

10-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Raise

preflop is marginal

orange
10-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Raise to $45.

TrailofTears
10-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Limping KTo in the CO is terrible. Raise it or muck it.

Raise the flop to 50.

After the hand, write a note on your monitor not to limp KTo. Ever.

-T

FreakDaddy
10-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Against a LAG, raise the flop. He's going to call on his draw and you get to get more money in now.

Jinx
10-21-2005, 10:07 PM
It was a BM game, people were limping in with crap like 57o. Why is limping KTo in the CO horrible? If my hand's dominated someone would have raised, and I can get away from it easily if I don't hit, and I have position on pretty much everyone.

Also, why do I want money in now? He's a LAG, he'll call the turn regardless, and I can be more sure oy my situation on the turn. I'm usually a limit player so I'm trying to see the justification in trying to kick everyone out when anyone except a set or a flush draw is drawing dead to me pretty much.

TrailofTears
10-21-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was a BM game, people were limping in with crap like 57o. Why is limping KTo in the CO horrible? If my hand's dominated someone would have raised, and I can get away from it easily if I don't hit, and I have position on pretty much everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but when the flop does miss people, you will have already anounced that you have a better hand than them. And when you have two high cards (let's pretend for a moment that a Ten is a high card), you want fewer players in the pot with you. Make sense?

-T