PDA

View Full Version : AK, ugly.

kbfc
10-21-2005, 07:55 PM
This is from memory so I don't have exact stats, but I do remember that villians in this hand are bad. Not maniacs, but the general sort of too-loose/stupid-postflop players that you look for on the party mid-limits.

10-handed, 2 EP limpers, 1 MP limper, Button limps, SB completes. I raise in the BB with AdKd. All call.

Flop AhQsJs.

SB checks, I bet, first limper raises, 2nd limper makes it 3 bets. Folded back to me, what's my plan for the hand?

10-21-2005, 08:41 PM
lay it down right there. You are probably up against 2 pair and a flush draw.

kbfc
10-21-2005, 09:17 PM
That's what I did, but at the time I felt like maybe I was giving something away. I'm getting 9:1 immediate odds to call the 2 bets back to me, which becomes something like 6.3:1 the times it goes for a cap. There are a number of turn cards that I might like (non-spade kings or tens), but they all have problems.

JAA
10-21-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lay it down right there. You are probably up against 2 pair and a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm you are in now way "probably" up against 2 pair and a flush draw. You will be up against Ax and a flush draw more often than that, and when you fold here you make a doosh out of yourself.

I would call the flop, planning to bet a blank turn and check a scary one to see the action. If you are greeted by ridiculous wild monkey aggression at that point, NOW you can consider folding.

- Jags

<font color="white"> Anyone who responds by saying "OMG HEHEHE it's spelled "douche" not "doosh" moran!" is the king of the dooshes </font>

elindauer
10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I think your plan is to call the flop hoping to improve, taking the turn as it comes. There are lots of combinations of turn cards and turn action.

good luck.
eric

10-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Call and play poker on the turn.