PDA

View Full Version : Creating a new BR

SoSo
10-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Having recently written off my car and in desperate need of transportation i was forced to drain my poker account for a new car and insurance. Now i have my new car (a ford fiesta 1.25 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif) i'm going about the business of rebuilding my bankroll so i can get back to the party 5/10 again.

Having a little look round the rakes and level of competition on various sites, i came to the conclusion that pokerstars has the best rake structure, pacific having the best players. So i dropped $300 in pokerstars and $200 into pacific with the intenttion of grinding 6 6max 0.5/1 until i can get another screen, then adding another 4 party tables into the fray. I'm aiming to play 56 hours this week to get my self sorted with my BR, and aiming to play around 20k hands this week. I find if i'm playing on 6 or more tables i don't have time to tilt which should help out over this week.

Just played my first session of 2.5k hands for a massive -$46.5 loss, hadn't multitabled tho in about 3 months and it took a bit of time getting back into it, playing 6 tables on 15" brick is doing my nut in atm, but im sure it'll get a lot more annoying by the end of the week (my week starts from 2day).

Just a few questions for all the people out there grinding it out in the lower limits.

1,) Does anyone regulary play 50+ hours of poker a week?
2,) Does it have any major ramifications on ur social life/physical well being?
3,) Is the cash worth it?/ should i just play 20 or so hours a week and get the BR over a month?
4,) Any tips for not going insane multi-tabling small stakes?
5,) Has anyone else had a similiar situation where they were a winning mid-limit player but had to rebuild a BR from scratch?

Cheers in advance,

Chris.