PDA

View Full Version : Teasers?

DesignProdigy
10-21-2005, 07:30 PM
How come no one ever discusses two three or four game teasers? Anyway, this week looks good for a three game..

Colts: -6
Eagles/Chargers: Over 37
Notre Dame: -9.5

I'm putting a good amount on this and the same bet except for notre dame, Dallas/Seahawks over 36. Anyway, both bets seem good, any input?

10-21-2005, 09:38 PM
So you get what - 9 pts? What's the payout?

LLXC
10-22-2005, 12:07 AM
I usually only do 2 team 6 pt teasers because wager comes out to almost 1:1.

Jibbs
10-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Yikes, I didn't even notice your thread before I hopped in and put mine in. I'm wondering the same thing.

craig r
10-22-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How come no one ever discusses two three or four game teasers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 3 or 4 team teasers are -ev.

What are the payouts on the teaser above?

craig

DesignProdigy
10-23-2005, 09:59 AM
4 teams are -120 (13 points to change spread)
3 teams are -110 (10 points to change spread)

...these are actually the only way i've been profiting from sportsbetting. The only one i've lost is when i had eagles vs cowboys

10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Well, these don't look too bad. Info on how 10 or 13 points affect the probabilities isn't widely available, and I lack the means to run those numbers myself.

A quick EV run suggests that you need an 86% of each 13-pt teased game coming through for the teaser to be neutral EV. According to Tradesports, the odds of SF and Ind winning are a little better than 86%, so you could be in +EV territory if you were to tease those two favourites. That's pretty back-of-the-envelope though. Otherwise, I just wouldn't know which numbers to tease.

Again, I don't have enough research to be able to say either way. I'd just remind you of what I remind myself every time I construct a teaser, which is not that I'm teasing to a line that looks good, or that I'm more comfortable with; I'm aggressively teasing certain numbers that give me the increased probability necessary to make the game +EV.