PDA

View Full Version : Big Coincidences You've Experienced

Bigdaddydvo
10-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Here's one from about 2 years ago.

I was driving down the street and noticed the truck in front of me had a state of Kansas specialty plate that said "BOSTON" I didn't think too much of it, but half a second later, with the truck still in front of me, I turned on the radio. I immediately heard "More than a feeling" from the band BOSTON.

It was pretty cool.

chuddo
10-21-2005, 06:23 PM
i once met two random people with my same first and last name in the same day on a trip to myrtle beach.

Blarg
10-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I met a girl in L.A. who it turns out I had lived across the street from in Hawaii for many years. Her family never spoke to anyone, was pretty much never even seen by anyone. High walls around the house. She didn't go to my school, and I didn't even know she existed, actually. Then I bump into her of all people out of a city of 8 million people an ocean away.

gamblore99
10-21-2005, 06:29 PM
The last three girls I have liked all have exs with my name. And these exs were all their last boy friends.

Reef
10-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I have a little sister. My aunty has an older boy and younger girl. My mom and aunt are sisters.

just hold on, I'm getting to it.

I'm born on the same day, 6 years after, as the male (my cousin). And my little sister was born on the same day, 17 years after, as the female (her/my cousin). I'm not quite sure if I've worded that right

Blarg
10-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I got it. That is pretty unusual.

I have the same birthday as my aunt.

swede123
10-21-2005, 06:50 PM
When I was about one year old my mom was in a pretty bad car wreck with me in the car. She broke an arm or something, I wasn't hurt at all. About ten years later my mom becomes friends with this one lady through mutual friends. It turns out this new friend was the same lady that my mom crashed with ten years earlier. This happened in Stockholm, a city of about one million people.

Swede

10-21-2005, 06:51 PM
When I was in second grade, I was going to shcool in Sydney, and there was a guy I sorta knew in 3rd grade.

I went to high school in Houston, and the same guy went to my high school for a few years

Then I went to University of Colorado for a semester, he went to Colorado School of Mines, about half our drive away

LoaferGee12
10-21-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a little sister. My aunty has an older boy and younger girl. My mom and aunt are sisters.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should've just left it at this.

Sponger15SB
10-21-2005, 06:56 PM
I once saw my neighbor in the pittsburg airport when I was like 10 years old.

When I was in high school I saw my junior high church group leader on a beach in puerto escondido, oaxaca.

One of my exgirlfriends and my mom share the same birthday.

I moved twice during high school to houses about a mile from each other. Both times a girl from my high school and their families moved in.

Onaflag
10-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Air Force - Basic Training - 1982

Saw a guy in the shower I thought I recognized. We hung out in different crowds, but went to the same High School. At 18 years old, it was pretty weird.

Onaflag...........

10-21-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My mom and aunt are sisters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me way to long to figure out that this is normal

lorinda
10-21-2005, 07:00 PM
I went to Amsterdam with a couple of friends of mine.

We got onto the train that runs to the city center from the Airport and one of my friends started talking to someone who happened to be from our home town of Coventry. They clearly knew each other.

After we got off the train, myself and the other friend asked where he knew the guy from, and his reply was "I was on holiday in the Dominican Republic last month and I met him there. I only remembered him because he said he was from Coventry".

The most weird thing about the whole tale was that the guy who had just had this ridiculous coincidence didn't seem to think that it was in the slightest bit unusual.

Lori

10-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I randomly met a girl at a party at the beginning of grad school on the East Coast. Turns out, my grandparents had sold their house in Los Angeles to her parents and she grew up in the same bedroom my Mom had grown up in.

Sponger15SB
10-21-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Saw a guy in the shower I thought I recognized.

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

Onaflag
10-21-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking of the Army. Sorry you're confused.

Onaflag......... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eurotrash
10-21-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, right. just admit that you were "aimed high" at the time this coincidence occurred.

WDC
10-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Here is one from today. I was a little bored and put my name into google. On of the hits was about someone sharing my name playing in one major league baseball game on August 17, 1897. August 17 is my birthday (although not 1897).

tom441lbk
10-21-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Saw a guy in the shower I thought I recognized. We hung out in different crowds, but went to the same High School. At 18 years old, it was pretty weird.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

the story just goes downhill from here

David04
10-21-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My mom and aunt are sisters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me way to long to figure out that this is normal

[/ QUOTE ]
I have 5 aunts. Exactly 0 are my mom's sister.

10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
well yeah, I realize that can happen, but I was thinking along the lines of his family must have been inbred

PITTM
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i once met two random people with my same first and last name in the same day on a trip to myrtle beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

lexington brian? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rj

ghostface
10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised it took like 5 responses for a flame to pop up.

SheetWise
10-21-2005, 07:32 PM
A guy who worked for me was telling me the story of his weekend one Monday -- and I was telling him about mine. The more details we gave, the more it became apparent that the two girls were roommates -- we had been at the same apartment at different times. I went to the lake boating and camping, and came back Sun. meeting the roommate -- he had stayed with my dates roommate Fri/Sat. They lived about 15 mi. from where we lived. We all met in different places. The city was about 2MM at the time. Weird.

10-21-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Army we kept our eyes straight ahead.

<font color="white">[censored] </font>

Dominic
10-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Just last wweek, my finacee, Sticky Wicket, was on a flight to New York from Las Vegas....she starts having a conversation with the older gentlman next to her. She tells him she's going to NJ....he says he's from NJ....she says, "oh, my finace is from NJ - a small town called Upper Saddle River. " The guy says, "I'm from Upper Saddle River - what's your fiance's name?"

She tells him my last name - his eyes grow wide. "Are you going to marry Dominic or Chris?"

The guy was my family's next door neighbor for 20 years! I gew up with him as my "2nd Dad" but we hadn't seen or talked to one another's families in over ten years.

protocol
10-21-2005, 07:45 PM
I bought a used car last summer from an ad I saw in the newspaper. As I was signing the title, I noticed that the original name on the title was the same name as my high school chemistry teacher. There's around a million people in the metro area so I figured it's probably just a coincidence, but I asked the woman I was buying the car from about it, just in case. Sure enough, it was him. She turned out to be the widow of my now-deceased chemistry teacher(I hadn't even known he was dead).

This kind of freaked my out for the first couple weeks that I was driving it.

Unabridged
10-21-2005, 07:53 PM
i once called 3 songs in a row on winamp with a 100+ playlist on random

TheTROLL
10-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Old girlfriend's cellphone number and my then office number ended in the same digits. The same SIX digits.

ddubois
10-21-2005, 09:11 PM
My name is Daniel DuBois. I picked up some girl at a bar. We go out, etc. I get her address. She lived on DuBois lane.

tom441lbk
10-21-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised it took like 5 responses for a flame to pop up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i scrolled to make sure i wasn't going for a copycat joke, suprisingly i was first

CPSUpoker
10-21-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is one from today. I was a little bored and put my name into google. On of the hits was about someone sharing my name playing in one major league baseball game on August 17, 1897. August 17 is my birthday (although not 1897).

[/ QUOTE ]

MY birthday is Aug. 17, 1986 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nothumb
10-21-2005, 09:47 PM
I used to be in a band with a French-Canadian Zionist Jew who was obsessed with Prince.

No, that's not the weird part.

I went to Chicago for New Year's about 4 years back. On January 2nd I went with the two girls I was visiting to find some good Indian food. The Indian district in Chicago is pretty decent sized, a good thirty or forty Indian restaurants in the area we were exploring.

As we are walking around we were talking about Prince, and one of the young ladies asked what album one song or another was on. It was an early song so I didn't know off the top, but I said, "You know who would know is my buddy Jake."

We finally picked a restaurant. This was about three in the afternoon on January 2nd. There was only one other table in the joint. We walk in and who is there but my buddy Jake, there with his dad. They're the only table in the entire joint in the one Indian restaurant in Chicago we wandered into. We ask him what album the song was on and he tells us. Turns out he was in Chicago with his dad and brother, dropping his brother off at college. They came to get food and left town immediately after.

NT

naphinfitos
10-21-2005, 10:54 PM
1. Had AA 4 times in a row on the same table in pokerstars.

2. Traveling in Ireland we stopped at a museum of ancient tools and fossils and stuff. The museum was in some guy's house, and it turns out that he used to live in the same town that I live in now (30,000 people). Not only that but when he was growing up he lived 2 houses down from where I now live.

DarkForceRising
10-21-2005, 10:57 PM
My two best are too long. #3 is that I ran into a guy I know in New Orleans and a year later in Tennessee. We both live in Michigan and had no idea either would be in said locales.

If you want to read an incrdible story search my posts for October 5 under the heading "Most Amazing Coincidences". You will also learn the history of Diebitters' nifty Fonz avatar. I'd post a link but I don't know how.

Black Aces 518
10-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Daniel, did you ever go to school in Oklahoma City?

Rhone
10-21-2005, 11:10 PM
My wife and I have the same birthday, though two years apart. It was pretty bizarre finding this out on one of our first dates, but now we're just used to it. Other people seem to find it pretty amusing, though.

ddubois
10-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Nope.

CCass
10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
My wife and I are in the Detroit Airport, getting ready to fly home. Our plane gets grounded due to a mechanical problem, and we have to wait for another plane. While we are waiting, my wife strikes up a conversation with a lady sitting across from us with a cat inside a pet carrier (my wife loves cats).The lady tells us that she is flying back home to Rural TN after living in Germany for 10+ years. I ask her what part of TN was home, she replied that it was a very small town, I wouldn't know where it was. I asked her to tell me anyway, she says Lafayette. I tell her that I know exactly where Lafayette is, because my family owns a mill there. Her eyes get wide and she tells me that her cousin owns a mill there as well. Come to find out she is my second cousin and had been gone for so long she didn't recognize me (I was probably 8 or 9 the last time she had seen me).

kipin
10-21-2005, 11:56 PM
In Prague I ran into a friend I have known since first grade and see about once every three months. We both knew we were traveling to Europe but didn't have any plans to meet up or know the exact dates we would be in Europe or any idea of what cities we were each going to.

One of my friends shares my mom's birthday and I share his mom's birthday.

Benholio
10-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Several years ago I was riding in my friends truck, and noticed the license tag in front of us had a full house (34334 or something to that effect). After I pointed it out to him, he pointed at his odometer, which was turning to 34334 miles.

Ian M.
10-22-2005, 12:51 AM
I had a friend who was really into horses and had recently bought a new one. She sent me a picture of it over msn, and it was a picture of a horse at my neighbours place in my hometown, and my (parent's)house was in the background. My hometown is about 1.5 hours away from the city we live in now, and I don't think I ever told her where I was from.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-22-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saw a guy in the shower

[/ QUOTE ]

Why were you looking? All I see is feet.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-22-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Army we kept our eyes straight ahead.

<font color="white">[censored] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy who started this thread, Dvo, is an Army CAPT. What a coincidence.
-JIHAD

10-22-2005, 01:12 AM
...but when I went to return her jacket, the old woman at the house said, "why, that's my daughter, and she died 20 years ago today!" wait, what was this thread about?

tinga81
10-22-2005, 01:17 AM
My birthday is May 11, 1981.
My dad was born on May 11, 1949.
My Grandparents were married on May 11, 1945.
There are a few cousins in the family born on May 11th.
I lost my virginity to a girl that was born on May 11, 1982.

shant
10-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Every May 11th do you get scared someone you're related to is going to die or have sex or pop a kid out?

-Skeme-
10-22-2005, 02:05 AM
Some chick I used to chat with online back in the day randomly hit me up. "Wow, you will not guess what just happened to me today." I immediately just randomly said, "You met Zach Morris?" and she went nuts. She connected with me on AIM, and sent me a picture of her with [censored] Mark-Paul Gosselaar. She had just met him that day at Disney Land.

Now that my friend is insane.

10-22-2005, 02:08 AM
Went to college in Colorado. First 6 times i flew into DIA one of my two bags was lost. First 4 times were different airlines, coming from different cities.

Another one involving air travel, went home to alaska for spring break freshman year, snow at Denver airport causes me to be late to seattle and had to stay the night in the airport. Going back to school, snow in the anchorage airport made me late into seattle and I had to stay the night in the seattle airport again.

Long story short, I am cursed by the travel gods.

siccjay
10-22-2005, 02:21 AM
Me and 2 friends were chillin in a club in Myrtle Beach when a girl walks up and yells my friends first and last name. That was pretty weird. It turned out she used to date another friend of ours brother. Her and a friend were staying in the hotel next to us.

The best one ever..

2 friends of mine met this chick online and went and ran a train. While they were doin it, her son wakes up and she leaves the room for awhile. They are lookin through her [censored], look under the bed and find a used rubber. A friend gets something to pull the rubber out and they laugh and throw it on top of her dresser or something and then throw theirs up there with it.

The next day my friend calls his brother for something and his bro asks him what they did last night. He said me and so and so went over this chicks house and tag teamed it. He then tells the story of the used rubber under the bed. His brother says "Oh yea? Where did she live?" He tells him. His brother then asks if she drives a certain car and describes what she looks like. He had met her off the internet the night before and thrown his used rubber under the bed.

nubs
10-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Freshman year of highschool i had a dream that my friends cat had died. (Weird already) The next day i see him in class and ask him how his cat is doing. He stares at me for a couple seconds and say that they found it dead outside their house. He never believed that I actually had that dream.

Hmmm, maybe im a sleepwalking cat killer.....

Hermlord
10-22-2005, 03:48 AM
I landed in London after my first (and only) trip to Europe. Waiting for my luggage, another passenger calls out my name. Surprisingly (given my poor memory for people) I recognized him instantly. We had been in a summer program of less than 20 people years earlier.

My mom, who has an excellent memory for people, has literally stopped on the street to chat with people she hasn't seen since nursery school (she's 55).

ethan
10-22-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some chick I used to chat with online back in the day randomly hit me up. "Wow, you will not guess what just happened to me today." I immediately just randomly said, "You met Zach Morris?" and she went nuts. She connected with me on AIM, and sent me a picture of her with [censored] Mark-Paul Gosselaar. She had just met him that day at Disney Land.

Now that my friend is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

The year after I graduated college, I was back visiting a couple friends (early in fall semester). I was trying to describe one of the freshmen living with them, and went with "that Zach Morris-looking kid." He's named Zach Morris, and apparently gets this a lot.

ZeeJustin
10-22-2005, 04:35 AM
My mother married my father. (this is a referance to the "my aunt is my mother's sister" post)

My mother remarried this guy named John who was married once before himself.

My mother and my father got married on the exact same day of the exact same year, at the exact same time that John got married to his first wife.

That means my mom and my step father share not only the same anniversary, but also the same anniversary to their exes.

10-22-2005, 04:38 AM
I met this sexy blonde girl while I was workin one day. I convinced her I was a bad-ass, had sex with her, turned out she was my sister! We had sex again...she screamed "I'm your sister! I'm your sister!" That was weird man!

kbfc
10-22-2005, 04:39 AM
Here's a couple I enjoyed:

- When I first moved to LA like 3 years ago, I kept seeing Tara-the-Dumpy-Witch from Buffy around town, either walking down the street, or at a little dive bar watching a friend's band play. Then I went to New York for a few days and ended up right next to her on the subway. Odd. BTW, not dumpy at all in real life.

- One of my uncles is a professor of Mechanical Engineering at MIT. He got his PhD from Berkeley in the 70s. I got my BS in Mechanical Engineering from Berkeley. Turns out, my last 3 years at Berkeley, I lived in the same apartment he did back then. Not just same building. Same UNIT. Odd.

TheCroShow
10-22-2005, 04:48 AM
this was weird, a 2 or 3 part series coming up:

sitting in the lunchroom at work (in victoria, bc canada). i mention [card game] and girl says "OH NO NOT YOU TOO!" I'm like whut? She says "my ex and his stupid friends play [card game]." i'm like no big deal, she says "my ex's best friend plays that silly game. he even flew his gf down to vegas and they got married!"

i say "his name doesn't happen to start with a J does it?" turns out her ex lives in vancouver, bc canada, is best friends with this guy we both know. WEIRD coincidence, it does not stop there.

the next day she mentioned baseball, and i perked up, i love baseball. turns out i used to coach baseball with her uncle. that was bizarre.

yellowjack
10-22-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...but when I went to return her jacket, the old woman at the house said, "why, that's my daughter, and she died 20 years ago today!" wait, what was this thread about?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I just got goosebumps from reading that again. I think I heard that story about 10 years ago, and it's still good.

diebitter
10-22-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My two best are too long. #3 is that I ran into a guy I know in New Orleans and a year later in Tennessee. We both live in Michigan and had no idea either would be in said locales.

If you want to read an incrdible story search my posts for October 5 under the heading "Most Amazing Coincidences". You will also learn the history of Diebitters' nifty Fonz avatar. I'd post a link but I don't know how.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here you go:
wot he sed (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=3583494&amp;Fo rum=,,,,All_Forums,,,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=3&amp;Limit=2 5&amp;Main=3583494&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=37221&amp;dater ange=&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bo dyprev=#Post3583494)
And I think this was the first use of the annoying phrase 'obviously' as well.

jakethebake
10-22-2005, 07:02 AM
My wife met some random woman recently whose daughter has the same anme as our daughter, who has a pretty unusual name. After talking awhile they found out her son's birthday is 9 days before our son's and her daughter's birthday is 9 days before our daughter's.

KaneKungFu123
10-22-2005, 07:49 AM
My cousin from florida has a picture of herself as a five year old at disney land.

in the background of the picture is another family vacationing from canada with a little boy the same age.

she ended up marrying him. he discovered his family in the picture sometime after they were already married.

NLSoldier
10-22-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My cousin from florida has a picture of herself as a five year old at disney land.

in the background of the picture is another family vacationing from canada with a little boy the same age.

she ended up marrying him. he discovered his family in the picture sometime after they were already married.

[/ QUOTE ]

winner.

The Truth
10-22-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of the coolest things ive read in awhile.

good post.

blake

The Truth
10-22-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MY birthday is Aug. 17, 1986 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put 20 people in a room, the odds of at least 2 of the people having the same birthday are suprisingly high.

The more people you add, the likelyhood of people sharing a birthday grows exponentially.

So, 2 people have the same birthday isn't really cool, unless both of those people are 100+ years old and their birthdays are in the same year, and happen to run into eachother in the south of asia at a psychic healer after both having lost their right arms due to an unusual illness, only to be able to afford the trip by winning and splitting the same lottery with the same numbers, after having got the numbers from fortune cookies in different countries.

sorry, I cant spell

blake

Yeti
10-22-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you put 20 people in a room, the odds of at least 2 of the people having the same birthday are suprisingly high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

23 people gives you a 50% chance. IIRC 50 people means its 99% likely that 2 share the same birthday.

FWIW my birthday is July 14th. I'm gonna see my daddy for the first time on July 14th.

DcifrThs
10-22-2005, 08:49 AM
two weeks ago i had a weird dream about my ex from DC.

that day she called me...

Barron

KaneKungFu123
10-22-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

23 people gives you a 50% chance. IIRC 50 people means its 99% likely that 2 share the same birthday.

FWIW my birthday is July 14th. I'm gonna see my daddy for the first time on July 14th.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show the math please?

JackWilson
10-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Probably not the biggest but the most recent one - I was getting ready to go to someone's 21st party and I was listening to The Crystal Method - Ghetto Fabulous. Really cool song. It was my first time listening to it before a party since I'd just gotten the album a little while back. When I showed up at the party, I found that that the guy who invited me forgot to tell me about the theme for the 21st...obviously it was "Ghetto Fabulous".

BWebb
10-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Here's one from the 2+2 trip in June. Went to DejaVu because Evan's fake ID wouldn't work at a 21+ club. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just sitting there enjoying the dancers on stage, relaxing. Everyone decides to start getting private dances in the back and after about 10 songs in a row for some, they say I need to do it. I say fine and grab the next stripper walking by who is hot. We go into the back and start talking. It turns out she is from where I live and worked at a restaurant that is owned by a family I have known since I was about 6 years old. She also knew them very well.

Yeti
10-22-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

www.google.com (http://www.google.com)

MrTrik
10-22-2005, 01:05 PM
As a consultant I was brought into a company to mop up a project that had been screwed up by another consulting firm. The manager I reported to hated the idea of me coming in and he had been forced to do it by his boss. He was insecure and felt my being there made him look like an incompetent idiot (which he was).

So I take control of the project. Get it back on track. As soon as possible the manager fired my ass. He wanted me gone and to get control of the project for himself. I thought, no problem, that's why you paid me good money ... so you can cut ties at any time.

After leaving that gig I took a short term gig for about 3 months. When that ended I landed another PM gig at a third company. I inherited a project with about 12 people who worked for the client under me. One of the guys on my new team was the incompetent idiot from the first gig.

10-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Two summers ago, standing in line at the ticket counter for the San Diego Zoo, I looked up and saw a friend from school with his parents. Turns out they used to live in San Diego and his dad used to work at the zoo, and were coming back for the first time in five years. Pretty amazing considering I had just driven from San Antonio, to the Grand Canyon, to Yosemite, down Route 1, and into San Diego and met them here.

WackityWhiz
10-22-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure if this counts, but I was golfing at a local course 4 years ago. Hole 7, slice my ball into the trees on the right, punch out leaving me a ~40 yard third shot. I grab my 68 degree wedge and plop the thing on the green about 6 ft away from the hole and it rolls right in.

I finish the front nine and my buddy has to go home so I decide to keep going. I saw a guy I knew who was teeing off on #1 so I joined him. Get to hole 7 and I slice my ball into the trees on the right, it was a pretty similar shot as before. I punch out again and as I'm standing over my ball, I can see my divot from last time about 3 ft away. I whip out my 68 degree and plop it on the green about 6 ft away, and it rolls into the hole.

it was crazy, but nobody believes me since the witnesses were different. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jakethebake
10-22-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very cool.

10-22-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

birthday paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_paradox)

Blarg
10-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah, that's a very cool and weird one.

MrTrik
10-22-2005, 06:32 PM
I believe you since you have no reason to lie. But that seems like an unbelievable story. Wow. Talk about fate.

yellowjack
10-22-2005, 07:23 PM
I was at a friend's house and her mom had opened up a cushion because it was falling apart. It was filled with old real estate newsletters and we randomly opened one to look at the prices of houses in the 1940s. I looked at one of the houses (small photos in b&amp;w) and matched the address with a friend who had just moved into that house a few weeks ago.

KingCon
10-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I have 2

1) First year in the Marines. Me and my roommate (in arizona) He was from Texas, I was from Ky, we are looking through yearbooks etc The same girl (same picture also) was in both of ours graduating class.

2) Me and a guy named ZGODA was chasing the same girl my senior year. Anyway I go off to the Marines, he joins the army. I see him in Okinawa, Arizona, Kuwait and FT Bliss Texas, then we both get out of the service after 4 years, and we both move to the same town (Lexington Ky) We jsut laugh when we see each other, still havent talked to him though

chesspain
10-22-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's one from about 2 years ago.

I was driving down the street and noticed the truck in front of me had a state of Kansas specialty plate that said "BOSTON" I didn't think too much of it, but half a second later, with the truck still in front of me, I turned on the radio. I immediately heard "More than a feeling" from the band BOSTON.

It was pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

If "More Than a Feeling" wasn't followed by "Dust in the Wind" or "Point of No Return," then this story sucks.

Yeti
10-22-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and we both move to the same town (Lexington Ky) We jsut laugh when we see each other, still havent talked to him though

[/ QUOTE ]

You should at least make the effort to say hello (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=&amp;User=15997&amp;Board=plnlpoker&amp;wh at=ubbthreads&amp;page=0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14) .

kurosh
10-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm at Square One in Toronto. It's a huge mall. I'm buying a present for my gf at the body shop.

Later that night, I'm at an arcade playing games. I get a little thirsty, so I leave and walk across the street to a starbucks. The guy working the counter is flaming gay. I order my drink and he keeps looking at me funny. After a few seconds, he tells me about how he was standing in line behind me at the body shop, then proceeds to hit on me while I internally freak out about a gay stalker.

I grew up in Ohio and moved to Illinois at 16. I got to be friends with a girl living on my block. When we left for college, she went to Ohio. She ended up dating a guy I grew up with and now hangs out with a group of kids I know, who all went to my old high school.

imported_anacardo
10-22-2005, 08:21 PM
You seem a little overly edgy with regards to our flaming brothers. What's the deal?

JihadOnTheRiver
10-22-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You seem a little overly edgy with regards to our flaming brothers. What's the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
One only needs to analyze the content of his response combined with his avatar, and... /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

The Truth
10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can get it a couple ways, using Cr(20,2) a simple combo fuction like that.

I just do this though. 20!/365

which is 20+19+18..../365
Just all the individual probablities of nobody having the same birthday.

and its about 180.

only 2 outcomes someone shares a birthday, or they dont.
So if its 50% it = 50-50

To tired to type more thats the jist.

I am sure you can find a good clean formula on the net somewhere if ya want though.

blake

astroglide
10-23-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If "More Than a Feeling" wasn't followed by "Dust in the Wind" or "Point of No Return," then this story sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

everybody does confuse boston and kansas as bands though...

KingCon
10-23-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and we both move to the same town (Lexington Ky) We jsut laugh when we see each other, still havent talked to him though

[/ QUOTE ]

You should at least make the effort to say hello (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=&amp;User=15997&amp;Board=plnlpoker&amp;wh at=ubbthreads&amp;page=0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14) .

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Lexington Brian. Where do you play at in Lex?

10-24-2005, 02:55 AM
Been so long since I've logged in that I think my account was inactivated, or I lost it or somethin....but had such a good one for this thread, that I reregistered....

The one and only time I have been called for jury duty was the same week that I was primary witness in a felony case.

Yes, the case I was to testify in was the same trial that were drawing from the jury pool that I had been called to join.

The clerk had never seen it happened before and really did believe me when I said I would not be able to be an objective, neutral jury member. She said she'd heard the excuse millions of times, and for once she believed it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sponger15SB
10-24-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everybody does confuse boston and kansas as bands though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....uh......not me though...... (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=1662659&amp;page=0&amp;vc=1) /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sponger15SB
10-24-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I am the only person in this entire thread get what movie this was from within like 2 seconds of reading that sentance.

Man I watch too much TV

xorbie
10-24-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I am the only person in this entire thread get what movie this was from within like 2 seconds of reading that sentance.

Man I watch too much TV

[/ QUOTE ]

ConAir, right? I think the more likely explanation is that nobody cared.

mason55
10-24-2005, 03:34 AM
When I was younger I was on this game show. Kids vs. Adults. We were trying to break the record for longest run by the kids team. Some day I'll type up the whole story about everything that happened (lots of crazy people involved, he had an estranged daughter who was a coke head but ended up meeting a cop when he came to her apt in a response to a noise complaint). I'd like to get it all written down anyway because he died in the middle of a show, this is just to remind me to do it.

Vavavoom
10-24-2005, 03:46 AM
A guy I met 7 months ago through a mutual friend has had been with romantically 4/5 girls that I have and vice versa.......We laugh about it....but its quite funny that all my ex's he fancies and vice versa...

We just have good taste I imagine...

jason_t
10-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Being told by a friend who met a girl on a semester abroad that if I ever met her I would fall in love with her then meeting her on a summer research program and falling in love. We had a four-year relationship and we'd still be together if I wasn't a dumbass.

brassnuts
10-24-2005, 04:37 AM
One time, when I was a kid, my dad and I were driving home from Redding, CA (about a 5 hour drive) and we followed a car for about the last 3+ hours of the trip all of the way to about a mile from our house. They took the same exit, and maybe the first 4 or so surface streets as we did. They must have been tripping out.

rocketlaunch
10-24-2005, 08:35 AM
one weekend in high school I was taking a shower in the afternoon. While in the shower I was listening to music, 311 to be exact. I let my mind wander and realized I hadn't talked to this one chick I knew, Stacy, in a long time. Months. I decided I should probably call her.

I get out of the shower and on the answering machine is a message from Stacy. She had called while I was in the shower. At what time? 3:11.

tbach24
10-24-2005, 08:41 AM
The concert I went to the other night was on "Williston Street" and I go to a school named Williston.

A kid in my dorm has a shirt that says "Brown Trout" on it. Weiiiiiiiiiird.

Edit- also my roomate from retard school #1 also is a repeat junior at williston this year.

xadrez
10-24-2005, 09:54 AM
2 that come to mind.

I was scaling down the side of some rocky crag in Portugal to get to a deserted beach when I see these two women. Hear them speaking English so we acknowledge each other. Turns out they are my Aunts neighbors.

Second one, I am driving with my father on a highway. We are approaching two guys on motorcycles, when we are about 20 feet behind them my father lifts his hand and makes it into a gun shape and pretends to fire off a shot. Instantaneously, one of the guys falls right off the bike /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

diebitter
10-24-2005, 09:56 AM
I just remembered this one on OOT! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3630564&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

housenuts
10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
in grade 6 i moved out west. on september 11th it was my birthday in class and there was this other fellow who also had the same birthday. we started talking and it turned out he was also born in calgary, alberta and his parents had the same name as my parents.

mslif
10-24-2005, 11:22 AM
My dad's father was a legionaire. He was reported MIA during the famous battle of Dien Bien Fu (Indochina Independance war). We never knew what happened to him. A few years back, the french television showed some never seen before footage of the war for the anniversary if this infamous battle. My grand mother recognized my grand father laying on a stretcher looking badly hurt. She was in shock. She got the footage and upon closer inspection, we realized that it was in fact him. She tried to get answers from the french military but his file is classified.

12-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Bump. I was driving today, and a tow truck pulls up next to me. The two cars it's towing? A green '00 Taurus, the color and model I now drive, and a gray '97 Grand Am, the color and model my ex drove when we out in 1999-2000.

TimM
12-16-2005, 07:10 PM
There are no small coincidences and big coincidences! No, there are only coincidences!

Mr_J
12-16-2005, 07:14 PM
How about that there are 3 of us in my family (extended) that have the same first &amp; last name (one has same initial), all born on consecutive days of the same month (diff years of course).

12-16-2005, 07:47 PM
I was flying to Pittsburgh from DFW and my dad was flying from Milwaukee to DFW we both ended up having layovers at Chicago Midway at the same time. My dad didn't know this was going to happen so I met him at his gate and he had no idea how I was there and couldn't figure out what was going on.

hyde
12-16-2005, 08:44 PM
I amm driving down the street after dropping off the gf in high school. The horn in my car hasn't worked in months.
So I say out (alone) as I hold the horn down....I'll start going to church again if god fixes my horn.
Instantly.
I got over it though.

MarkSummers
12-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Okay, long story, but if you can follow it, it's pretty neat.

It's the summer between my sophomore and junior year of college. I'm moving out of the dorms and into an off campus apartment but when the story starts I'm at home.

My friend from home in my high school went to a different college than me and tells me that his friend that he met at said college was transferring to my college. Lets call this guy "fred." So my friend from HS asks me if he can give my AOL name to Fred so he can ask me about the school. I say yes and I talk to Fred once online during the summer for about 30 minutes about my school(the one he is transferring to). I didn't talk to him again until the semester started.

Okay, that's one part. During sophomore year, my roomate's friend from his hometown (we'll call him jack) decides to come up and visit for a weekend of partying. Jack used to go to college but dropped out and is currently working. Jack decides he wants to be with all of us cool people up at school and transfers to my school for the upcoming fall semester.

Fast forward to the beginning of the year. I go to Jack's dorm room for a bit during a break in my classes. He has hardly seen any of his roomates yet because school just literally started and they're all busy. One of his suitemate's computer is out in the common room and he's just looking at it and sees my screen name on his AOL buddy list. Turns out it was Fred who we would meet later.

Sorta weird. Also, my school isn't small. We have over 10k undergrads.

Harv72b
12-16-2005, 09:33 PM
"It's a Small World" Coincidence:

While growing up, I lived in Turkey for 5 years. One of my best friends in school there was a kid named Mike. Long story short, my family moved back to the States, his moved on to Indonesia, we lost touch. No big deal.

Five years later I'm in my HS English class here in Maryland and notice a new kid to the school walk into the classroom carrying a Jakarta International School gym bag. From our brief attempt at correspondence, I know that this is where Mike attended school after moving to Indonesia. Just for the hell of it, I ask this kid if he knew Mike.

He &amp; Mike were close friends in Jakarta.

More Normal-life Coincidence:

My day job is delivering flowers for a local florist. A good percentage of our deliveries go to funeral homes and churches. On one particular route, I was going to one of each.

As I pulled into the parking lot of the church, the radio started playing AC/DC's "Highway to Hell". About 20 minutes later, as I drove up to the flower delivery room at the funeral home, the dj started up Guns N' Roses "I Used To Love Her".

Poker Coincidence:

Playing Party poker, 3/6 if memory serves, full ring. It's a particularly good table and so of course I'm running cold. A loose passive player limps, a loose aggressive player raises, a loose player coldcalls, and I 3-bet in the CO with pocket tens. Loose, bad SB coldcalls, it gets to the TAG in the BB who sits there pondering for about 10 seconds. Finally, I type in the chat box "I'm just gonna flop quads, but go ahead and call if you must". BB eventually folds, everyone else calls.

Flop: TT7.

diebitter
12-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Here's a blast from the past, also shows how I first acquired the fonz avatar: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=0&amp;vc=1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=3583560&amp;an=&amp;page=0&amp;v c=1)

young nut
12-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Down in Jacksonville for the Florida/Georgia game. I'm staying with some friends at a resort on Amelia Island which is about 40 minutes from Jacksonville.

Go to the resort bar Friday night and end up partying with some other guys from Athens. Stayed up way to late, went back to the room, and then was kept up half the night from the noises coming from the guy in the condo nextdoor bangin some chick.

Day of the game we are searching all over downtown Jacksonville for the people we are tailgating with. We finally find the tailgate, and the guys we were partying with the night before are parked right next to it. We got a kick out of this, but then I tell them I was tired because some dude was nailing a chick nextdoor. Turns out, that was one of the guys and they were staying in the condo next door.

tolbiny
12-16-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No fair, you used the same one twice.

12-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Dude, a few years back I was in like a mental institution (don't ask) and there was like this one crazy guy who just kept repeating this same set of numbers over and over. So, when I get out I play those numbers in the lotto. Dude, I won $156 million!! Soon after all this bad stuff kept happening, dude, it was like I was cursed by these numbers.

Then I was flying from Sydney to LA and my plane crashed on some deserted island in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Dude, there were like 42 survivors! Then, 30 days after we crashed we come across this weird hatch in the ground. Dude, dude, I'm starving. But that's not the coincidence! Dude, the same numbers I won the lotto with were carved ON the door of the hatch halfway across the world!!!

Later,
Hurley

man
12-16-2005, 10:25 PM
junior year of high school, I spoke on AIM with a guy who wanted to buy my guitar. (I wanted $150 for an RG220, he offered $70, no thanks.) He lived on my floor freshman year.

what's also funny is that I spoke with him through the screenname of a girl I had met online. I never told him we met online.

12-17-2005, 04:33 PM
I lived in Sun Valley, Idaho for about 7 years. Once, I rented 'Terminator 2', watched about half, then fell asleep. Next morning, woke up and watched the rest. Then went to get my day of skiing in, get to the Warm Springs lift line, and who do I see? Ah-nold.

12-17-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I lived in Sun Valley, Idaho for about 7 years. Once, I rented 'Terminator 2', watched about half, then fell asleep. Next morning, woke up and watched the rest. Then went to get my day of skiing in, get to the Warm Springs lift line, and who do I see? Ah-nold.

[/ QUOTE ]
We move. Five meter spread. No sound.

TenFiftyFour
12-17-2005, 05:16 PM
-I was born at 10:54 AM
-My street address growing up was 1054
-I passed my drivers test and signed the papers at exactly
10:54 on my birthday.
-I look at the clock at 10:54 (AM or PM) randomly and frequently, and it occurs in spurts; last month I must have seen it 25 times without trying.

diebitter
12-17-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This girl you lost your virginity to, how distant a cousin was she then? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

roundest
12-17-2005, 05:51 PM
When I was in elementary school, I ran into one of my best friends at Disney World. We both lived in Michigan at the time.

I was at a colluge friend's 4th of July party at his place in Chicago and a girl I went to high school with was there. It turned out she worked with my friend's girlfriend.

roundest
12-17-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-I look at the clock at 10:54 (AM or PM) randomly and frequently, and it occurs in spurts; last month I must have seen it 25 times without trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that everytime I think to look at my odometer while driving, the last digits are 66. I can't count the number of times this has happened over the last few years. It's kinda creepy.

man
12-17-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that everytime I think to look at my odometer while driving, the last digits are 66. I can't count the number of times this has happened over the last few years. It's kinda creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]
whenever I look at a digital clock the minute is changing. human beings have a tendency to notice coincidences like this. the lowest frequency I can put on it is about 1 in like 7-8, but it feels like every other time. I think I'm just the chosen one or something and this is the matrix's way of telling me.

ibankonu
12-17-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, I was all over that. And i thank TBS for that one.

Bigdaddydvo
12-17-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, a few years back I was in like a mental institution (don't ask) and there was like this one crazy guy who just kept repeating this same set of numbers over and over. So, when I get out I play those numbers in the lotto. Dude, I won $156 million!! Soon after all this bad stuff kept happening, dude, it was like I was cursed by these numbers.

Then I was flying from Sydney to LA and my plane crashed on some deserted island in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Dude, there were like 42 survivors! Then, 30 days after we crashed we come across this weird hatch in the ground. Dude, dude, I'm starving. But that's not the coincidence! Dude, the same numbers I won the lotto with were carved ON the door of the hatch halfway across the world!!!

Later,
Hurley

[/ QUOTE ]

This gimmick account is a respectable 6.5 or so.

Joseph Busti
12-17-2005, 09:19 PM
I just copied this from a myspace bulletin but thought it fit the topic

1) New York City has 11 letters
2) Afghanistan has 11 letters.
3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to destroy the Twin
Towers in 1993) has 11 letters.
4) George W Bush has 11 letters.
This could be a mere coincidence, but this gets more interesting:
1) New York is the 11th state.
2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight number
3) Flight 11 was carrying 92 passengers. 9 + 2 = 11
4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was carrying 65 passengers.
6+5 = 11
5) The tragedy was on September 11, or 9/11 as it is now known. 9 + 1+ 1 = 11
6) The date is equal to the US emergency services telephone number
911. 9 + 1 + 1 = 11.
Sheer coincidence..?! Read on and make up your own mind:
1) The total number of victims inside all the hi-jacked planes was
254. 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.
2) September 11 is day number 254 of the calendar year. Again 2 + 5 + 4
= 11.
3) The Madrid bombing took place on 3/11/2004. 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 11.
4) The tragedy of Madrid happened 911 days after the Twin Towers
incident.
Now this is where things get totally eerie:
The most recognised symbol for the US, after the Stars &amp; Stripes, is
the Eagle. The following verse is taken from the Quran, the Islamic
holy book:
"For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.
The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo,
while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for
the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was
peace."
That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran.
Still uncovinced about all of this..?! Try this and see how you feel
afterwards, it made my hair stand on end:
Open Microsoft Word and do the following:
1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first
plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.
2. Highlight the Q33 NY.
3. Change the font size to 48.
4. Change the actual font to the WINGDINGS

12-17-2005, 09:39 PM
As I was driving to claymont, DE, for work, this summer, I was listening to the radio, and as I got on the Commodore Barry Bridge, "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind came on. It lasted about the entire drive over the bridge. About halfway across, I see a parked police car on the other side of the bridge, and an officer leaning over the edge, presumably talking to a jumper.

Doc7
12-17-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still uncovinced about all of this..?! Try this and see how you feel
afterwards, it made my hair stand on end:
Open Microsoft Word and do the following:
1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first
plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.
2. Highlight the Q33 NY.
3. Change the font size to 48.
4. Change the actual font to the WINGDINGS

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/wingdings.asp
[ QUOTE ]
Q33NY was not the flight or tail number of either of the planes that were crashed into the World Trade Center that day, the rectangular shapes represent pieces of paper with writing on them, not buildings, and the terrorist attacks were neither perpetrated by nor targeted against Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did it anyway:

http://www.totalinsanity.net/images/dave/q33ny.jpg

12-17-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i once called 3 songs in a row on winamp with a 100+ playlist on random

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this same feat, except 2,000 song playlist on random. I then proceeded to get the 4th through whatever wrong.

TenFiftyFour
12-18-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that I've had a couple of glances at the tripometer reading 105.4 as well.

Philuva
12-18-2005, 01:55 AM
I was at a bar in Galway, Ireland. I start talking to the guy next to me and find out he is from Queens. I say, "my good friend from college is from Queens, but I am not going to ask if you know him because Queens is so big." Later he finds out I went to UVA and asks if I know Eddie Gobbo which was one of his good friends growing up in Queens who went to UVA, which of course was my good friend from Queens who I was going to ask him if he knew.

lightw1thoutheat
12-18-2005, 02:22 AM
a few weeks ago, a friend of mine (alex) was over and she wanted to watch some movie i had never heard of. turned out to be "heathers" some 80s flick. im not interested, but she and another friend (mike) of mine watch it, i play poker.

when they finish, my friend (woden) comes in, looking for something to do. so we start drinking, then decide that we want to watch something kinda violent. so woden and i go to another apartment and pick out "resivour dogs".

heres where it got weird.

just as all four of us finish watching resivour dogs, my roommate comes in. i knew he had a class or something that night, but i wasnt sure what. he is pissed that we just finished resivour dogs, because he had to screen it that night in his film class. when he asked what else we did, "heathers" came up. this is when he turned very pale.

as it turned out, in his class that night, they had screened heathers and resivour dogs, in that order, on the same night we watched the same without ever knowing what he was up to.

weird

westside_eh
12-18-2005, 03:20 AM
I went on a tour in europe, the tour company decided which singles would be paired for roommates. Turns out my roommate is also from British Columbia. We are chatting and somehow it comes up that his brother died. He was hit by a car on the street where I live. wierd

Harv72b
12-18-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
then decide that we want to watch something kinda violent. so woden and i go to another apartment and pick out "resivour dogs".

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, Heathers is kinda violent, too. Not on par with Reservoir Dogs, but few movies are.

Anyway, it's a pretty decent dark comedy.