PDA

View Full Version : Because I felt like it

B Dids
10-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Party 3/6 6 max.

I'm chatting with a girl that I'm pretty into about how she wants to hook with with some guy, and since that's not me, I'm not happy. I'm not on tilt, but I'm not focused.

From UTG+1 a guy raises. He's like 40ish/25ish. Wide openning range, but not a ton of hands.

Folded back to me with 96s. I call.

Lovelorn or not, I'm pretty sure I can outplay this guy postflop and I'm not going very far without something good happening.

Do we hate this?

Danenania
10-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Standard for me... though maybe not at 3/6 due to rake.

adamstewart
10-21-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lovelorn or not

[/ QUOTE ]

not

jba
10-21-2005, 04:58 PM
do not let UTG+1 or this other douche steal what is rightfully yours

TStoneMBD
10-21-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. i fold because of this.

lastcoyote
10-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Don't hate it. I would hate it more with something off-suite that is a little higher but easily dominated (like KTo, QTo, JTo). I dunno. What pocket pairs would you have called with?

SomethingClever
10-21-2005, 05:10 PM
As others mentioned, I don't like this with the rake so high at 3/6.

Also, Dids, keep your pimp hand strong.

jason_t
10-21-2005, 05:22 PM
You let your desire to 69 with this girl allow you to make a bad call here. It's bad because the pot is small and the rake is high.

10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Fold preflop. He's not on a steal, your equity is low.

RunDownHouse
10-21-2005, 05:28 PM
You must keep finding avatars like this.

B Dids
10-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm turning this into a play along.

Flop is like 852 or something. (I may have acutally had an OESD, I can't get to PT to remember, but I thought I had a gutshot).

He bets, and I'm like "He likely has overs, I will check raise and he will fold".

So like, I check raise?

(good point on the rake, I suck at remembering to consider that).

Turning Stone Pro
10-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Because hitting on some girl in an online poker game has got to be the highest form of lameness and patheticness I have ever heard of.

Furthermore, I havent played 3-6 since I was 12 years old.

TSP

Lmn55d
10-21-2005, 06:04 PM
the beautiful thing about playing online is you can chat with people on AIM while you are playing. Incredible, huh?

B Dids
10-21-2005, 06:05 PM
On a computer there are "windows" and in one "window" you can be playing poker, and in the OTHER WINDOW you can be using "instant messenger" software to chat back and forth with other people.

I would never hit on a "girl" at the tables who wasn't named LisaNolan.

RunDownHouse
10-21-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Color me impressed.

Dids, I would probably c/r there if he was an unknown. It does pretty much obligate you to follow through on almost any turn card though. Caveat: I suck at blind defense.

Turning Stone Pro
10-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Well, maybe if he stopped jerking around and concentrate on the game, he could move up past a limit with a rake so high that no one on the planet could beat it.

TS

cnfuzzd
10-21-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because hitting on some girl in an online poker game has got to be the highest form of lameness and patheticness I have ever heard of.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

special

peace

john nickle

B Dids
10-21-2005, 06:13 PM
I play like 200 hands a week, I've had to run sick hot to make it to 3/6!

cnfuzzd
10-21-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, maybe if he stopped jerking around and concentrate on the game, he could move up past a limit with a rake so high that no one on the planet could beat it.

TS

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously dont know dids

jerking around is key to his poker success.

peace

john nickle

lastcoyote
10-21-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is like 852 or something. (I may have acutally had an OESD, I can't get to PT to remember, but I thought I had a gutshot).

He bets, and I'm like "He likely has overs, I will check raise and he will fold".

So like, I check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should just call here. The pot is so small and you're cracking the door to not outplaying your opponent with this CR. He may fold something like KQ. I don't think he's going to fold a good Ace here and now (and maybe not the rest of the hand). If you put another bet into the pot after the CR without making your hand in some way you're really spewing I think.

B Dids
10-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Calling reaks of thinking that I'm drawing to my gutshot, which would be like bad math and stuff. I'm raising because I need him to fold his overs post haste. If he calls, I'm clearly not putting any more bets in the pot without making my hand.

adamstewart
10-21-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

Adam

TheMetetron
10-21-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's not folding overs here on the flop. Like never.

B Dids
10-21-2005, 07:32 PM
My 3/6 exp tells me it's less than often and more than never.

I do agree though, he's not folding often enough to really make it worthwhile unless I follow up on the turn and I want to know the guy better than I did to do that.

adamstewart
10-21-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My 3/6 exp tells me it's less than often and more than never.

I do agree though, he's not folding often enough to really make it worthwhile unless I follow up on the turn and I want to know the guy better than I did to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have to follow up with a bet on the turn AND river, assuming no broadway or ace hits the board. This is too much of your own money to be investing in order to take down this marginal pot down. ie. spewage.

They're calling the turn with overs, especially at 3/6.

B Dids
10-21-2005, 07:54 PM
I disagree with this more, but it's not really relevant to the thread.

baronzeus
10-21-2005, 07:55 PM
i would cap every street. folding if he's the one who caps the river of course.

deepsquat
10-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Can someone plz explain this whole "dont call cos of the rake" issue. I dont understand the math and how this affects us at 3/6. What other limits is it an issue and why?

Thanks very much /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adamstewart
10-21-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this more, but it's not really relevant to the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you do... because *I* said it.

Adam

jason_t
10-21-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone plz explain this whole "dont call cos of the rake" issue. I dont understand the math and how this affects us at 3/6. What other limits is it an issue and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake is a larger fraction of a BB at 3/6 than at higher limits.

B Dids
10-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Nah- it's more because I've made a ton of money betting turns at 3/6 6 max. People love folding turns in this game, at least given my exp.

deepsquat
10-21-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake is a larger fraction of a BB at 3/6 than at higher limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, so therefore we want to get into less HU marginal situations? Im a bit slow with these types of things.

At what level does the rake become less prohibitive, or at what level would the rake not become a factor for this hand?
cheers

10-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I play this and worse everyday of the week in my live 20/40 game, but online 6max I dump because of rake and other stuff to focus on.

10-22-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm chatting with a girl that I'm pretty into about how she wants to hook with with some guy, and since that's not me, I'm not happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since when do you "talk" to "girls"? (Yes, I actually posted)

scrub
10-22-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm chatting with a girl that I'm pretty into about how she wants to hook with with some guy, and...[it's] not me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the expert play.

I'll let others elaborate.

scrub

sweetjazz
10-22-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one can beat 3/6? I doubt it's the rake; it's probably because people don't respect raises enough. Without opponents respecting your raises, you can't beat this game.

deepsquat
10-22-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm chatting with a girl that I'm pretty into about how she wants to hook with with some guy, and...[it's] not me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the expert play.

I'll let others elaborate.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

jealousy trap- she wants a reaction, shes testing the waters.... she wants you to empty your balls in her.

chicks do this [censored] all the time, its their way of seeing if we like them by giving a reaction.

We are so dumb that we usually try and be the nice guy and give good advice, and thats when we become the friend for ever and it can become real hard to break out of that stereotype with her imo. So i think thats what scrub may have been getting at??

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Without opponents respecting your raises, you can't beat this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because people don't respect raises that it is possible to crush this game for so much.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 04:35 AM
Dibs,

Tell her that the girth of your cock is, you know, proportional...

Danenania
10-22-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

Tell her that the girth of your cock is, you know, proportional...

[/ QUOTE ]

She might get confused and think he means the bird on his shoulder. That would make sense if they eat meals together.