PDA

View Full Version : Trying Multitabling SNG's

10-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I am considering trying to multitable SNG's. Of course starting with 2 until comfortable, then add.

My question is should I stagger the tourneys so it hopefully reduces the chance of having 2 or more tables at bubble at the same time.

Or is this not a big deal in real life?

Regards,

the Dragon

zambonidrivr
10-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Big deal in real life? Not sure what this means.

I play 4 at a time. I like to fire up 2 and wait about 1/2 hr, before firing up the next 2. There is not a rule around this, it's more about what your comfortable with.

GL

10-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I assume "in real life" means "in practice".

I play on 5 tables, and start them all consecutively. I don't have any trouble with it.

Bigwig
10-21-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am considering trying to multitable SNG's. Of course starting with 2 until comfortable, then add.

My question is should I stagger the tourneys so it hopefully reduces the chance of having 2 or more tables at bubble at the same time.

Or is this not a big deal in real life?

Regards,

the Dragon

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you should stagger when you start, although I think that's less necessary when you're only playing two. I continuously play 8 now, without trouble, but the first time I played two I freaked out. So just take it easy.

downtown
10-21-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people do this at first, after a few times you will probably find this unnecessary. Add tables as you get bored / feel comfortable. Good luck and welcome to the boards.

lorinda
10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
The opposing view (which suits me personally) is that it's quite difficult to switch your mindset between everyone being level on the bubble at 100-200, and then back to the other game where you are 8-handed at 25-50.

I personally like all games to be at the same stage.

Lori

Guthrie
10-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Whatever floats your boat. I tried staggering the starts, but I was constantly switching between games at different levels. Now I start four at a time. If I bust out of one very early I'll start another. When I finish the set I take a piss and start over.

murfnyc
10-21-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a matter of preference. I like to start all at the same time, this way I am at similar stages in all my tournaments, therefore my thinking will be similar. I have tried playing staggered but have found it harder switching speeds from one table to another.

10-21-2005, 05:48 PM
If you stagger them, you don't get a break. I like to reset and recharge after an hour.

skipperbob
10-21-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't multi-table, but I went to Raptor's place once to watch him.....He starts 219486763 tables...then 10 minutes later another 929675045 tables and then, finally, 2 more

10-21-2005, 06:00 PM
here's the deal, I would very much advocate staggering until your bubble play becomes automatic... this is the hardest (only hard?) part of the low sng game. Regardless of what you think, unless you have played x,000 sngs, no your bubble play is not automatic.

Not talkin smack, but that's the lesson I learned.

fisherman112
10-21-2005, 06:17 PM
i think starting them at the same time is easier overall. once you get to 4 tables at once, you might want to consider staggering some because as anyone who has done it can attest playing more than 3 bubbles at once is very taxing.

10-21-2005, 11:08 PM
WOW!!!

I tried 3 5.5 tables on Poker Stars. I started them all at the same time. No big deal until... I made the bubble on all 3. Finished 2nd in 2 and 4th in the other. I made one serious error which was probably caused by being on 3 bubbles at once, on the 4th place finish which probably cost me the cash.

All in all a very interesting experience. I presume as I continue to multitable, my mind will catch-up, so that as professional ball players say the game slows down. I sure hope so.

Thanks for all your help.

the Dragon

I realize 3 tourneys does not mean anything significant. Yet with some additional play I should be able to adapt.

Eric Draven
10-21-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The opposing view (which suits me personally) is that it's quite difficult to switch your mindset between everyone being level on the bubble at 100-200, and then back to the other game where you are 8-handed at 25-50.

I personally like all games to be at the same stage.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I hate when I have to look to see the blind levels because they're all different. I like them all to be at the same level (or close to). However it can be a bit of a challenge being 3 handed and heads-up on 3-4 tables... It's all preference.

SlackerMcFly
10-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Depends (Skipper buys them).

If my goal is to profit, I'll play only 2 tables because I'm not very good.

If my goal is to be a better player, I'll play a NL, Omaha H/L and a 7 Stud at the same time for the multi-tasking practice.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Do what makes you comfortable, then step out of your comfort zone as soon as possible. Lather, rinse, repeat. You are on your way.

Good luck! SlackerStillSlacking