PDA

View Full Version : No WMDs, so F(word) What

Timer
06-05-2003, 03:27 AM
Look, Bush and company were hell bent on kicking somebody's ass and as far as I'm concerned more power to em. I'd say the same thing if it were Clinton or Gore or Lieberman (fat chance, however).

Whatever reason they made up to let the world know that were not taking any more of this S(word) from anyone that has the idea that they can blow up some of our buildings with our innocent civilians in them is just fine and dandy with me.

Death to America? I got your "Death to America" right here, buddy.

In fact, while we're at it, I could care less if we did the same thing to Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea, France, Canada or anybody else who thinks they can shoot a rocket up our keister and get away with it.

That's what having a strong leader is all about.

Hear, hear.

nicky g
06-05-2003, 07:54 AM
"Whatever reason they made up to let the world know that were not taking any more of this S(word) from anyone that has the idea that they can blow up some of our buildings with our innocent civilians in them is just fine and dandy with me."

Al-Qaeda did that. Iraq had nothing to do with it.

Clarkmeister
06-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Don't waste your breath Nicky. The racists in this country would just as soon slaughter anyone with an Arabic complexion and Islam as their religion.

MMMMMM
06-05-2003, 12:17 PM
This is so off-base it's not even funny. I suspect an extremely small percentage in this country hold such views.

On the other hand there is a far larger percentage of Muslims who would just as soon slaughter non-Muslims. I don't expect you to believe this but it is absolutely true. Islam is a faith that regards all non-Muslims as expendable (kafir, like cattle) and all non-believers (infidels) as people to be either converted to Islam, subjugated under Islam, or killed. Islam claims some degree of protection for other people of "The Book" (Jews and Christians) but only so far as they allow themselves to be subjugated under Islam.

Maybe you actually should read some of the Q'uran, and read some of the common preachings of imams and mullahs across the Mid-East.

Yes, there is some anti-Arab, anti-Muslim prejudice in this country. But it does not even begin to approach the degree of anti-Western, anti-non-Muslim prejudice held by a wide swath of Muslims across the globe and especially in the Middle East.

Personally I'm all for people believing whatever the heck they want, but when their beliefs include forcibly converting, controlling or killing you and me that's where I draw the line.

Islam is not inherently a religion of peace. It is a religion of religious conquest by force. This is spelled out in great detail in very numerous places in the Q'uran. And before you invoke bloody Old Testament passages, those passages are generally offered in a historical sense. The Q'uran contains numerous injunctions to present day Muslims to violence against non-Muslims, and as it is believed to be the direct word of God as revealed to Muhammad, it is considered to apply to all people for all times.

If you're going to carp about the few in this country who hold great prejudice (and I do agree true and violent bigotry is bad), realize that there is a much greater prejudice at work in the world, and that this prejudice is directed against YOU. And it won't go away even if you--and we--are "nice." It exists as much due to inherent philosophy and teachings as it does for any real-world political or economic reasons.