PDA

View Full Version : Free Coaching

swiftrhett
10-21-2005, 03:45 PM
I've got Carpal Tunnel, so i'm sitting on the bench mostly for a while. But I'm still watching/studying a lot of poker. If anyone wants to send me a party screenname/AIM I might watch your games and give you some free feedback. I'm an expert at the $10's, but I'll watch anything.

The Yugoslavian
10-21-2005, 03:50 PM
You can start posting by reading my thread and attempting to analyze the situation. Then writing down said analysis for all to benefit from.

Yugoslav

zambonidrivr
10-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Free Coaching -- "I'm an expert at the $10's"

NH

Scuba Chuck
10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm an expert at the $10's

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help myself. <font color="white"> Feel free to take pot shots back at me, as I deserve them.
</font>
Can you say Jumbo shrimp and freeze dried ice cream?

DMACM
10-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Id like to have you watch me I pm'd you my screen name. Having you watch Yugo and post here might be more interesting to me though since hes a better player.

The Yugoslavian
10-21-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Id like to have you watch me I pm'd you my screen name. Having you watch Yugo and post here might be more interesting to me though since hes a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

He cannot watch me as I'm not playing.

He can however respond to my thread (and I'll admit other threads) with free advice.

This is helpful as well.

I'm gonna be @ Irie's this weekend hopefully Death Staring it up. Perhaps he can watch me play when I'm there...if I remember or something and haven't blown my roll on scrippaz.

Yugoslav

1C5
10-21-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm an expert at the play money tables.

Seth Money
10-21-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got Carpal Tunnel, so i'm sitting on the bench mostly for a while. But I'm still watching/studying a lot of poker. If anyone wants to send me a party screenname/AIM I might watch your games and give you some free feedback. I'm an expert at the $10's, but I'll watch anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too will also offer my expertise. I'm an expert at being fat if there are any fat people looking to get skinny come talk to me. I have a huge ROI.

Mmmmmmmmmmm Duff Beer

Seth

Seth Money
10-21-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He cannot watch me as I'm not playing.

He can however respond to my thread (and I'll admit other threads) with free advice.

This is helpful as well.

I'm gonna be @ Irie's this weekend hopefully Death Staring it up. Perhaps he can watch me play when I'm there...if I remember or something and haven't blown my roll on scrippaz.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmmmmm scrippaz.

Yugo you are my idol. First chess bets now scrippaz /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seth

downtown
10-21-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...if I remember or something and haven't blown my roll on scrippaz.

[/ QUOTE ]

You friends with this guy? (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/21/topless.tab.ap/index.html)

ilikeaces
10-21-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too will also offer my expertise. I'm an expert at being fat if there are any fat people looking to get skinny come talk to me. I have a huge ROI.

Mmmmmmmmmmm Duff Beer

Seth

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude Im 6'2 165 can you help me?

ilikeaces
10-21-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmmmmmmmm Duff Beer

Seth

[/ QUOTE ]

6'2 165 can you help me?

Bluff Daddy
10-21-2005, 04:16 PM
you mean death starring right? and what exactly is the death star

Seth Money
10-21-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmmmmmmmm Duff Beer

Seth

[/ QUOTE ]

6'2 165 can you help me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh sorry I'm fat guy with an expertise in weight loss. Your way to skinny to be losing weight. Come back when your 365 and we can talk

Seth

swiftrhett
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I believe this $10 bashing is really pigheaded ignorance.

First, very few people here can own higher limits. A large percentage of players on this board are losing players. However, a larger percentage of people on this board have no idea if they were a losing player for a month or quarter because they simply don't play enough games.

Next, beating the $10's on 8 tables is $20 / hour with about the lowest variance you can get in poker. If you are considering quitting your job to play poker, this is the best chance you have of making $40k/ year reliably without busting.

If you're making $25k-$40k / year, that puts you in the top 2% of internet poker players. Making fun of people in the top 2% is what forces half of this board to lie about their ROI.

Somehow, everyone on twoplustwo makes $100k+ / year, but PartyPoker says all of its winning players combined totalled $37M last year.

[ QUOTE ]
Free Coaching -- "I'm an expert at the $10's"

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

splashpot
10-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Anyone who can make 40K a year playing the 10s can make a lot more playing the 20s.

kyro
10-21-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe starting posts with "I am a low-limit expert and you should be lucky to learn from a teacher like me" is pigheaded ignorance. Stop posting. Thanks.

zipppy
10-21-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe starting posts with "I am a low-limit expert and you should be lucky to learn from a teacher like me" is pigheaded ignorance. Stop posting. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that was the poster's intent.

Either way, he OP has a point: not everyone starts out with a 2k bankroll, and if they're playing within their bankroll limits, then that's just being smart. So, it's possible for someone with good advice to be at a lower level. Plus, it doesn't inherently mean they don't have a lot of experience...life outside of partypoker can play a factor in how much a person has for a bankroll.

defending the little guy,
ZIPPPY

DMACM
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he say we'd be lucky to learn from him or just that he'd be willing to watch people since he cant play? Anyone making any money playing poker is in the minority. Id rather make money at the 10s then lose money at the 200s. You have to start somewhere right?

swiftrhett
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
What, you're only allowed to learn how to beat the $10's from someone if they can beat the $50's? Get off my back, the advice is free.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bones
10-21-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna be @ Irie's this weekend hopefully Death Staring it up

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sucs.org/~cmckenna/amystudt/friends/1stmeet/12-staring-match.jpg

Good luck.

zambonidrivr
10-21-2005, 04:55 PM
you are now my fav poster.

imo --if you can not find humor in something retarded that you type, and accept getting hazed for it, then hit the bricks. we all do it.

zipppy
10-21-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are now my fav poster.

imo --if you can not find humor in something retarded that you type, and accept getting hazed for it, then hit the bricks. we all do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good point.

screw the little guy,
ZIPPPY

citanul
10-21-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so my question is, if you've got carpal tunnel, how are you going to be expousing your advice? i mean, you can't type it, right? or you'd be playing poker?

c

swiftrhett
10-21-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm not giving up a computer completely, but I'm not mousing 8 tables 5 hours/ day anymore

GtrHtr
10-21-2005, 06:21 PM
http://umsis.miami.edu/~cfisher1/pictures/dan.JPG

kyro
10-22-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What, you're only allowed to learn how to beat the $10's from someone if they can beat the $50's? Get off my back, the advice is free.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize. You are right. I've decided instead of insulting you, I'd also provide a source for free advice. It is here (www.twoplustwo.com) .

Once again, I am really sorry for being an ass.

lacky
10-22-2005, 04:27 AM
boy, you guys suck. this guy offers FREE advice to anyone not doing as well as him. he then makes it very clear what that skill level is (beating $11's). he didnt claim to be a sng god, didn't claim to be an expert in general, he basically just said he was a solid winning player at the lowest level of the game. There are lots of players on this forum trying to get where he is that could benifit from someone that has some sort of clue looking at their game.

He could spend the time watching movies, working on his own game etc. but offers to help someone else for free instead and we make fun of him?

you guy's are making me sound like a goddam parent again, but this is [censored] rediculous.

Steve

FieryJustice
10-22-2005, 04:54 AM
I agree 100%. I would have been quite happy to have someone watch my game and point me in the right direction. Actually, I still like good people to watch my game and tell me where I am going wrong. If you dont want the guys help, leave him alone. Someone out there needs the help though, cause I know 80+% of the posters here are long term losers.

Bonafone
10-22-2005, 05:06 AM
I believe even higher players could benefit from having someone watch your game. When I first started I would of loved for a winning player to watch me and guide me. Currently I'm helping a few friends start playing. And even at the $109's I still like others to critique my play ( unfortunatly it is rather expensive to have anyone useful coach you). So bascially, everyone stop being total batches, I'm sure there are plenty of players that could use this coaching (and it's free, you have nothing to lose).

codewarrior
10-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Well said. One of the best things I've ever done is exchange hand histories with people for hand by hand critique in the context of the entire SnG. And I learned more about my own game from someone who played at a lower limit which subsequently allowed me to move up to an even higher limit sucessfully almost immeadiately, that I have to say it was well worth it.

vexvelour
10-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I would love feedback, but I don't use party. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kyro
10-22-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
boy, you guys suck. this guy offers FREE advice to anyone not doing as well as him. he then makes it very clear what that skill level is (beating $11's). he didnt claim to be a sng god, didn't claim to be an expert in general, he basically just said he was a solid winning player at the lowest level of the game. There are lots of players on this forum trying to get where he is that could benifit from someone that has some sort of clue looking at their game.

He could spend the time watching movies, working on his own game etc. but offers to help someone else for free instead and we make fun of him?

you guy's are making me sound like a goddam parent again, but this is [censored] rediculous.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

His tone is pompous and arrogant. There is a difference between saying...

"I play the $11s and if anyone would like to discuss specific hands or entire tournaments PM me your SN and we can work something out"

and

"I am a beating the $11s and I think you could benefit more from me teaching you how to play than by reading the stuff on here because most of the people on here are losing players as it is."

I am probably overreacting just a tad, but it really rubs me the wrong way when people show up at this site unannounced and trumpet that they are a winning player (at any level) and they are the person to be getting advice from. I am quite sure that there are plenty of people here that could benefit through constant discussion of hands with individual posters as opposed to always looking for ways to improve here...but that's not what I'm reading in this guy's post.

microbet
10-22-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well said. One of the best things I've ever done is exchange hand histories with people for hand by hand critique in the context of the entire SnG. And I learned more about my own game from someone who played at a lower limit which subsequently allowed me to move up to an even higher limit sucessfully almost immeadiately, that I have to say it was well worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now about your avatar. Some believe that boobies have evolved to resemble female hindquarters. Your avatar (at least in the shrunken form really looks like a butt.

citanul
10-22-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now about your avatar. Some believe that boobies have evolved to resemble female hindquarters. Your avatar (at least in the shrunken form really looks like a butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that's his wife, i think. that's not very nice.

c

Blarg
10-22-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you mean death starring right? and what exactly is the death star

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gay slang for being cornholed with a laser pointer.