PDA

View Full Version : Hand 1: 99 in BB after a break

10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
I haven't played poker for a month or so and I'm trying to ease into it again. So what is wrong with this hand (or hand 2 in another post)? No real reads yet except MP looked like the tightest one at the table, a lot tighter than me the few hands I had seen.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
1 fold, MP raises, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets, SB folds, Hero raises, ...

Too small pot to try or does that make it better? Bad I idea when I'm an unknown myself? Feel free to rip any street apart if you need to. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wackjob
10-21-2005, 03:17 PM
You should 3-bet PF, this will change how things play out.

10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck. Not from the BB in a 4-way pot.

bank
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Preflop I like the call rather than 3 betting. Flop is fine. Turn is fine. River you gotta check call this. C/R is pointless...he's calling with better hands and folding worse hands...there's no value in this...

10-21-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to but then SB called and I changed my mind.

KDawgCometh
10-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I'd think about leading the turn here. I don't see how someone with an ace is not putting in a bet with this board.

river, that's just too much IMO. a check/call works much better

10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't raise preflop. you wouldn't push anyone out unless MP capped which indicates you are probably way behind. Maybe this is too weak, but I would bet fold the flop: If MP is drawing, he's probably doing it with a better diamond, and if he has a pair it's probably not 8s or 7s or 5s. Turn is good; good sign that MP checked through, must be looking for a diamond. River, I wouldn't check raise; a worse hand than you will check through and a better hand will cost you more. bet call or check call; I wouldn't fold if I had stuck through to see the river because of the chance your opponents will have to play the board.