PDA

View Full Version : 3-handed and hand reading

jgorham
10-21-2005, 02:46 PM
SB is a good player who I really wish wasn't at this table. He has overplayed a few hands against me, but besides that he seems to be playing optimally. Button on the other hand is bad. He is very very loose, and too passive for the three handed game.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero ?

Will post my thoughts in a bit.

jph0424
10-21-2005, 03:07 PM
If he is passive then just call the river raise. You have the second nuts but I don't think you are good enough of the time to risk him capping with the nuts.

baronzeus
10-21-2005, 03:47 PM
3bet

dealer_toe
10-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I cap it, I don't think villain is limping Axs often enough for a cap to be -ev. The PF limp is the main reason I cap it. Its very likely he has a lower flush.

EDIT: errr 3bet it I mean.

KDawgCometh
10-21-2005, 03:57 PM
I really want to three bet this. What has the villian showed down, is he likely to go this nuts with two pair, a set, or does it have to be a nut flush. This action when the flush hits is pretty odd, though he could also be pushing with a lesser flush too. I generally would lead towards three betting this river

10-21-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Button on the other hand is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad players think their raggedy flushes are the nuts. I keep raising this.

Elkhound
10-21-2005, 04:29 PM
I would go for the three bet as well.

If the villian was slow playing KK preflop the betting makes sense with the lower risk of a flush being out against him three handed plus redraws to a full-house.

tizim
10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
I definitely 3-bet the river. You only lose to Axs, and many of those are getting raised preflop, even if Button is too passive for a 3-handed game. I'd discount the combos of Axs he could have to 4-5 or so. Compare that to the TONS of combos of suited hands a too loose player would openlimp with and potentially play like this, and I'm pretty sure this is a 3-bet. Of course, some passive players would never play anything but the nuts this way, but with the read you provided, I definitely 3-bet.

I also like a flop raise. If Button coldcalls, you're probably getting value on the raise, and if he folds, you get tons of fold equity on the turn.

TStoneMBD
10-21-2005, 07:00 PM
id raise the flop and id also 3bet the river against most players

B Dids
10-21-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is very very loose, and too passive for the three handed game

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all you people wanting to 3-bet after he raises you after all the turn action are out to lunch. I call.

TheMetetron
10-21-2005, 07:05 PM
I'd raise the flop about half the time and I'm definitely 3-betting the river every time.

stinkypete
10-21-2005, 07:07 PM
easiest 3-bet ever

RunDownHouse
10-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Is anyone else putting SB on a big club? His turn play sure looks like it, since he should be good enough to know button isn't cold-3betting lightly.

If we consider the A/images/graemlins/club.gif gone, since it was in SB's hand, then a 3bet is easy. The question is just how likely we think that scenario is.

EDIT: Seriously, forget about the river for a second and go back to the turn. SB has a set, two pair, or a pair and either A/images/graemlins/club.gif or J/images/graemlins/club.gif, right?

daryn
10-21-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is very very loose, and too passive for the three handed game

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all you people wanting to 3-bet after he raises you after all the turn action are out to lunch. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's passive, but probably not with a flush. there's little doubt that he has a flush, it's just that i can't see him limping with the suited ace, even bad players just want to raise it! 3 bet river

B Dids
10-21-2005, 07:22 PM
So a loose passive in a 20/40 game is really raising this river w/o the nuts?

I'm willing to be wrong if that's the case here, I obviously don't know the limit, but in general when passive players act like they've got the nuts at me, I like beliving them even if their preflop play doesn't always make sense.

baronzeus
10-21-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So a loose passive in a 20/40 game is really raising this river w/o the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. loose passive at 20/40 is like 40/10/1

mperich
10-21-2005, 07:27 PM
i think c/ring river is a better line. Anyone else? (I 3bet the river as you played it, and if my river c/r is 3bet I probably just call) The problem is if you bet-3bet is you face SB with 2 cold, whereas you might gain a bet from him or even 2 if button just calls and sb overcalls (altho I doubt a good player does this). Also, its easier this way to make sure more than 3bets dont go in on the river, because if the river gets capped you are probably behind.

-Mike

TheMetetron
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Dids, he's raising a lower flush way more than enough to 3-bet here. Trust the like 5 players who play this limit who have said so.

B Dids
10-21-2005, 07:30 PM
But one of them is baronzeus- who would raise with like AQ here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheMetetron
10-21-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But one of them is baronzeus- who would raise with like AQ here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, he's got a point.