PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitors

GutPunch
10-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Just got my brand new 2001 FP!! Im setting it up right now. I am going to set up dual monitors with my old 17' LCD. My 17' is connected to avg, while the 2001FP is connected via DVI. (so my 2001FP is basically my 2nd monitor) However,I would like to be the primary one. How do I do that?
Also, How do I get it so the screens are exactly the same, with all my desktop shortcuts on both screens, and start mentu/navigation bars at the bottom to show up on both screens??

10-21-2005, 03:35 PM
In order to set primarty/secondary monitors, right click on your desktop and click 'properties', go to the last tab called 'settings'

from there, right click on the monitor you want to set as primary and select 'make primary'

not sure about making the desktops identical, but i'm sure it's there as well.

GutPunch
10-21-2005, 03:48 PM
figured out the primary thing, but all shortcuts and the taskbar are still only on monitor #1. I know I can manually move everything over, but I would rather just have them identical. Any way to do this?
Thanks.

OrcaDK
10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
You can clone the monitors, but i doubt that's what you want.

ghostface
10-22-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
figured out the primary thing, but all shortcuts and the taskbar are still only on monitor #1. I know I can manually move everything over, but I would rather just have them identical. Any way to do this?
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never had any success getting this to work. Copy and paste?

geo8o2
10-22-2005, 04:25 AM
u can just add shortcuts to the other monitor.. or copy and paste the icons...

as for the start menu.. i don't think u can, for free at least.. i know they have some pay programs that do it. u can get a free trial, don't ask me for the site.. i'm lazy, i know it exists i've used it b4 and i've read about it on 2+2