PDA

View Full Version : ATs against villian and I think he's bluffin this turn...(1/2 6max)

lautzutao
10-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Villian is 63/6/1.3 loves turnraise bluffing and had gotten plenty of folders in the past when he did it. Anybody like this or am I pissing chips away?

1/2 6-max(5 handed)

Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Villian calls, Button Folds, SB Folds, BB calls

*FLOP* Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (6.5sb)

BB Checks, Hero bets, Villian calls, BB folds.

*Turn* 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (4BB)

Hero bets, <font color="red">villian raises</font>, hero calls.

*River* 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (8BB)

Hero checks, villian bets, <font color="red">Hero Raises ???</font>

milesdyson
10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
what worse hand is calling this c/r? K high? is he going to fold 55+? way doubtful. pissing chips away.

sean c
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I would just check/call. Check/raising just seems like a pissing contest. Calling him down sends him the same message that you know he is FOS and will look him up.

lautzutao
10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
This raise was a pissing contest. I knew I had him beat and wanted him to know it. I'm not saying it was the smartest move and a call would have worked just as fine but...

milesdyson
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew I had him beat and wanted him to know it.

[/ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn for value then.

lautzutao
10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Alright, I probably should have done that. But I also was kinda hoping I'd be able to trap him for a bet here on the river if I call the turn and induce a bluff here on the river...

milesdyson
10-21-2005, 02:36 PM
my point is that you didn't know you had him beaten.

the other point is that if you can get him to lay down an ace on the turn or any other hand with 6 outs, 3-betting is profitable. but since you couldn't possibly be sure of having the best hand, you called.

and regardless, there is no doubt that raising the river is worse than calling.

lautzutao
10-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Alright, fair enough.