PDA

View Full Version : I felt sexy, but was it sexy enough?

10-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Not too many hands at the table but it was looking like a good game. People were playing passive post flop and the aggression preflop was more than expected, but the last few orbits had been a little loose. Villain turns out to be the CO.

Thanks in advance.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

A little surprised about the cap, but the pot was growing and I hoped the flop would bring good news.

Flop: (24 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

I have an overpair, the PF capper is checking and I decide to try and take control of the hand and folding to a CR? However, people are just overcalling like crazy and I'm feeling better about my hand.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

I don't know what the raise means. I think it could be a strong spade draw looking for overcalls on the flop, but it could be a 6 too. Maybe a free SD play crossed my mind, too.

River: (20.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Good place for this?

The more I thought about this hand, the less I liked it. I didn't have enough info on Villain to know wat his turn raise meant. Although, if it worked, the pot was big and it might just trap the guy in the middle with a desperation call?
I usually don't like the river c/r, but I did feel my hand was pretty well disguised here and figured a river suckout might as well get a river c/r.

krimson
10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Your totally missing a 3-bet opportunity if someone has the flush. Just bet the river.

WDC
10-21-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't think that this is a bad play at all. If it were heads up I would alsways bet and hope to be raised but you have the intruiging MP2 also in the pot. His play looks an awful lot like a flush draw. Either MP2 or CO is going to bet this river. If it is MP2 he probaly gets called or raised by CO you get to three bet them both. If it's CO you get to checkraise and depending on how bad MP2 is you might still get four bets out of it. If either of these players has 8's or 3's full you get even more action. I think it is worth a shot.

brettbrettr
10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your totally missing a 3-bet opportunity if someone has the flush. Just bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shant
10-21-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-21-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP2 must be on a draw, the most realistic of draws would be to a flush. And I think you're right, if they have a weak flush they'll call and if it is a strong or nut flush one or both of them will raise and I get my 3-bet in with no one folding. Thanks, I think I got ahead of myself and didn't really expect to spike the best possible card.

SackUp
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. On a side note, is this really even a true Sexy? Isn't it only a sexy when you c/r the river after being in control of the entire hand - or at least have been the aggressor on each street. Not that it really matters...but we need to get our terms right. Just like the difference b/w a donk/gay bet and a sng.

10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to be the consensus. I recognized the flaw, but not before I clicked "check". I rushed this one a little, doh.

10-21-2005, 01:59 PM
That's true, it might not be a true "sexy" since I stopped on the turn. I don't even think it is fancy enough to be called FPS, just a bad play this time around. Would anyone take a 3-bet line on the turn?
My feeling at the time was a 3-bet would have been a little much but I considered it.

krimson
10-21-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. On a side note, is this really even a true Sexy? Isn't it only a sexy when you c/r the river after being in control of the entire hand - or at least have been the aggressor on each street. Not that it really matters...but we need to get our terms right. Just like the difference b/w a donk/gay bet and a sng.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "classic" sexy where this term sprouted is from the headsup line when you go b b c/r.

oxymoron
10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "classic" sexy where this term sprouted is from the headsup line when you go b b c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope I'm not stealing the thread although I think the main points have already been discussed. I'm new to this forum so can someone explain the donk/gay bet?

mtdoak
10-21-2005, 02:40 PM
With a field this big, I'm not sure what the best line is. The ideal is for you the check, he gets called, and every one else calls, you raise, he calls, everyone else calls. But, if you can get him (or someone) to put in 4 bets with the nutflush or some smaller boat. I think it might be 6 one way, half dozen the other. really depends on what everyone else has. If its safe to assume someone made a flush, I say lead out, and get ready to go to war.

krimson
10-21-2005, 02:42 PM
A "donk bet" is when someone who is check/calling all of a sudden leads with a bet on the turn or river.

bobbyi
10-21-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the raise means. I think it could be a strong spade draw looking for overcalls on the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]
When someone flat calls the flop and then raises two people on the turn like this, I think a flush draw is very unlikely.

krimson
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
I think MP2 is the person I'd put on a flush draw, not the CO.