PDA

View Full Version : Online card shuffling vs. Live

10-21-2005, 01:12 PM
What do you guys think about the differences if any, with how a deck of cards are shuffled online vs. live? That is, how random the cards will be online vs. Live. I'm asking because I will never be able to compare it since I can play many more hands of poker online vs. live.

Thanks

SheetWise
10-21-2005, 01:23 PM
If we're simply looking at "randomness of shuffle", the online is more random. A physical shuffle has a "knowable" state prior to the shuffle, and a set procedure for randomizing the pack. The average person with practice can track a physical shuffle -- even if it's only to exclude a single card from coming into play.

Vex
10-21-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think about the differences if any, with how a deck of cards are shuffled online vs. live? That is, how random the cards will be online vs. Live. I'm asking because I will never be able to compare it since I can play many more hands of poker online vs. live.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

The differences will never be big enough to impact how you should count your outs.

SheetWise
10-21-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The differences will never be big enough to impact how you should count your outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm confident of the location of a card, I'll include it in my calcs.