PDA

View Full Version : Stars $50 MTT. Did I play this right?

Toddy
10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Please tell me if you think I played this right. Wasn't sure about my bet on the river in case he had a high diamond.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1901)
UTG (t1245)
UTG+1 (t2320)
MP1 (t1300)
MP2 (t2318)
MP3 (t1028)
CO (t274)
Button (t2265)
SB (t4510)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t100</font>, SB calls t75, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t300) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t100</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t100.

Turn: (t500) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, Button calls t500.

River: (t1500) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, Button calls t500.

Final Pot: t2500

Toddy
10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Bump.. Just trying to learn to get better. Thought id post a tricky hand IMO

Firefly
10-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Call PF, meh
how about a c/r on the turn, now it's player dependant but it will get you some decent value out of Kx hands or even if it wiffs, the pot is still controlable on the river.
The river bet feels week. 500 into a 1500 pot, were you folding to a reraise? because that what this bet looks like.
I don't mind checking the river and calling a bet, you do have the 3rd nuts on the river, but hopefully you could induce a bet from a non-flush hand or a check behind isn't all that bad because the pot represents a significant addition to your stack.

My read: He had either JdJx or TdTx thats what his hand feels like (after he calls on the river though)

whynot?
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
the turn call makes me very nervous - feels like a draw with a lot of outs or kxjd, kxtd, etc. id check the river and see what he does - imo your behind here - if he pushes i fold to live another day - if he bets small i call and showdown.

rational is the only thing he calls with is a hand that beats you. is going to call with a 6d? i doubt it. the 8, maybe but still unlikely

locutus2002
10-21-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd lead the turn for less (T300). You 're going to fold out a lot of hands that you want to continue.

You cannot c/r the turn because its unlikely that this villain will bet, given the keep the pot small way he has handled the hand.

I like the blocking bet on the river, it should prevent the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from raising. Since villain called, I like him for QxT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Exitonly
10-21-2005, 03:07 PM
That's a big lead on the turn, and i think i check-call on the river.You can get a hand w/ no diamonds to bluff at you

Toddy
10-21-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call PF, meh
how about a c/r on the turn, now it's player dependant but it will get you some decent value out of Kx hands or even if it wiffs, the pot is still controlable on the river.
The river bet feels week. 500 into a 1500 pot, were you folding to a reraise? because that what this bet looks like.
I don't mind checking the river and calling a bet, you do have the 3rd nuts on the river, but hopefully you could induce a bet from a non-flush hand or a check behind isn't all that bad because the pot represents a significant addition to your stack.

My read: He had either JdJx or TdTx thats what his hand feels like (after he calls on the river though)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on folding to an all in re raise on the river. I had a bad feeling he had a high diamonds. He ended up also having Q9 but no diamonds. The only reason i called pf was because i was getting bullied on a ridiculously loose table.

Toddy
10-21-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a big lead on the turn, and i think i check-call on the river.You can get a hand w/ no diamonds to bluff at you

[/ QUOTE ]

I put in my other reply.. He also had Q9 w/ no diamonds tho.