PDA

View Full Version : Middle pair on dangerous board. Poker Stars $35 6- Handed SNG

emptypockets
10-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Villain has played solid poker so far. What action shall I take?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t1710)
Hero (t1820)
UTG (t2705)
Button (t2765)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
2 folds[/i]</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t200) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)</font>
SB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

Turn: (t400) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t300</font>, SB raises to t600</font>,

HERO?

bluefeet
10-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I'd fold to the flop lead
...check behind on the turn
...probably call a weak non-spade lead on river, checking behind if given the chance

Ps. Cold-calling the flop w/ the intention to move on any checked turn isn't a bad thing against the right opponent. Given his check-raise for 2/5th's his chips, it's time to muck.

emptypockets
10-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Is it crazy to push after his min-reraise?

bluefeet
10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
It's just so unnecessary IMO. You'd have to have an incredible read here. Just as important, what do you think his read is on you? Answering that question will help you put him on a range and give some insight into the line he has chosen. Quite simply, you're likely behind here to anything short of a complete bluff. "Solid" could certainly be "tricky", but I just don't see him laying it down here too often.