PDA

View Full Version : Blind defense with a premium hand on 6max

Reqtech
10-21-2005, 10:36 AM
I have about 30 hands on the villain, he's been fairly tight and aggressive on just those stats alone (20/10/2.5). While certainly not definitive, enough to get a little feel for the guy.

My line on this hand is how I've been typically playing my blind protection hands where I hit the flop with a good pf hand; to 3 bet pf, bet the flop and call if raised planning to checkraise the turn on just about any card.

4 handed.

Dealt to me Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB.

UTG folds, Villain raises, SB folds, Hero Raises.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero calls

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero raises....

Nick Royale
10-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I vary my play in these situation, this a line I like.

MrWookie47
10-21-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I vary my play in these situation, this a line I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This is a fine line to take. Sometimes consider donking the turn, especially on a more coordinated flop, to prevent a free card, and/or hopefully 3bet.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-21-2005, 11:52 AM
it really doesn't matter how you play these hands because you have so many options to choose from, all of which are good ones.

against good players though it's *usually* best to not try this line and just play it as fast as i could instead. but against a typical player its fine.

10-21-2005, 12:05 PM
My usual line is check call flop and CR turn or 3-bet flop. But that also works I guess.

milesdyson
10-21-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My usual line is check call flop and CR turn or 3-bet flop. But that also works I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
3-bet your AQ from the blinds and then check the flop?

10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
oups I didnt read the hand. I thought we raised and got 3-bet. With this new accurate info Im 3betting most likely. With a very nondrawish board I might go for a bet call and CR. But if the turn sucks Im definately donking it.

lautzutao
10-21-2005, 12:16 PM
I would have 3-bet the flop. If he caps just call down.

DCWildcat
10-21-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet the flop. If he caps just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? We're almost certainly ahead, and we gain at least an extra SB by calling & c/ring the turn. We're probably far ahead here, we don't need to jam the pot.

Reqtech
10-21-2005, 12:30 PM
This was my feeling as well. I felt that I had flopped a monster hand (TPTK heads up in a steal situation). If I 3 bet the flop, then that would put this player who has shown himself to be fairly aggressive (though over an admittedly miniscule sample) could go into call down mode, where I felt fairly confident that he'd bet the turn. If he had taken the free card, I would have donked the river.

lautzutao
10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
If he caps this flop do you think you're ahead given what you've seen from this player?

And what if he 3-bets the turn? You calling down or you capping?

Reqtech
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he caps this flop do you think you're ahead given what you've seen from this player?

And what if he 3-bets the turn? You calling down or you capping?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he 3 bet the turn, I would've called and check called the river. I don't think I could fold TPTK in this situation.