PDA

View Full Version : My hand vs. Mason Skanky at Fiestsa del Feugo

10-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Three tables left, Manson is on my immediate left.

I have 140,000
Spunky has 670,000

Blinds 100/200 w/ 500 ante

Folded to me in the SB w/ A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif, I raise becuase I know that Mason knows that I raise with any two here and I want him to think that I know that he knows that so I'd raise with a good hand, but since he knows, I could have any two.

Mason looks me up and down and says "have you read my books?"

I say "I don't read comic books Skanky" and he immediately raises.

I raise to hide the strength of my hand as I know that he knows I would smooth call with AA.

Spanky calls.

Dealer turns over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check as Spunky would expect me to bet the nuts so that it wouldn't look like the nuts.

Manson bets the pot

I ask him what he had for breakfast that morning, he says "Oatmeal", I immediately put him on the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and another card and I raise.

Spanky smooth calls.

4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I know that I have him cold, but I bet because I would bet if I missed the flop and if I hit the flop and I want him to think I hit 2nd pair and I want him to raise.

I bet 1/2 pot.

Marsha goes into the tank, expells some intestinal gas and raises.

As the gas wafts over to me I smell the unmistakeable odor of eggs, HE LIED ABOUT THE OATMEAL and know I know he has the straight flush, and immediately fold my AA face up and say "Nice hand Sparky"

Munson looks at me like I'm a god and says "how did you know??"

When you understand what motivates people like I do, you can't explain it.

Later at the break while he's eating a reuben, he tells me he had J /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Because the sauerkraut is slightly rancid I believe him.

Comments?

TheBlueMonster
10-21-2005, 10:43 AM
maybe the weirdest post ever

pokerstudAA
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bizarro world..... Sklansky and Oatmeal...."Mason Skanky" who? and Who is the mysterious "Spanky".... I am now questioning my own existence. Confus-zed.

Dave D
10-21-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was getting ready to say "funniest post of the week" simply because it is writen so well... But if this really happened I'd say most retarded.

10-21-2005, 11:00 AM
I dont think this actually happened, but if it did, Im going broke on that hand. Or i guess actually doubling up....

MDoranD

Kirkrrr
10-21-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome psychological play - get him aggravated and re-raise you with any two. Well done.

[ QUOTE ]
I ask him what he had for breakfast that morning, he says "Oatmeal", I immediately put him on the 2 and another card and I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

First question: was it the "Oatmeal" part that gave him away? What if he said "Frosted Flakes" instead? ... I have never considered trying to make these kinds of reads, so now I'm way behind and trying to learn.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're right, but could you please try? I think you're giving up on us way too soon here.

[ QUOTE ]
Later at the break while he's eating a reuben, he tells me he had J Q

[/ QUOTE ]

He's lying. He flopped it. Well played, great laydown.

Kirk

illegit
10-21-2005, 11:19 AM
LOL. NH.

ansky451
10-21-2005, 11:22 AM
hilarious.

betgo
10-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Brilliant play. I don't know if anyone else could have made that laydown.

Quads are kind of a trap hand. You always wind up losing a big pot to a straight flush.

Yuv
10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has something to do with this :

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3724382&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=4#Post3725611

betgo
10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
I was reading this book by some guy named Cloutier. He said that you have to play quads carefully and know when to lay them down.

10-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Clear WA/WB situation, and his raise makes it clear you're WB. Nice fold.

ansky451
10-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd still call and hope to hit the case 5th ace on the river, since the impied odds are huge. He can't fold SF there.

10-21-2005, 12:00 PM
i like ansky's idea the best especially with their still being 2 "draw 2" cards left in the deck

LearnedfromTV
10-21-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Three tables left, Manson is on my immediate left.

I have 140,000
Spunky has 670,000

Blinds 100/200 w/ 500 ante

Folded to me in the SB w/ A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif, I raise becuase I know that Mason knows that I raise with any two here and I want him to think that I know that he knows that so I'd raise with a good hand, but since he knows, I could have any two.

Mason looks me up and down and says "have you read my books?"

I raise to hide the strength of my hand as I know that he knows I would smooth call with AA.

Spanky calls.

Dealer turns over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check as Spunky would expect me to bet the nuts so that it wouldn't look like the nuts.

Manson bets the pot

I ask him what he had for breakfast that morning, he says "Oatmeal", I immediately put him on the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and another card and I raise.

Spanky smooth calls.

4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I know that I have him cold, but I bet because I would bet if I missed the flop and if I hit the flop and I want him to think I hit 2nd pair and I want him to raise.

I bet 1/2 pot.

Marsha goes into the tank, expells some intestinal gas and raises.

As the gas wafts over to me I smell the unmistakeable odor of eggs, HE LIED ABOUT THE OATMEAL and know I know he has the straight flush, and immediately fold my AA face up and say "Nice hand Sparky"

Munson looks at me like I'm a god and says "how did you know??"

Later at the break while he's eating a reuben, he tells me he had J /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Because the sauerkraut is slightly rancid I believe him.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard.

10-21-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like ansky's idea the best especially with their still being 2 "draw 2" cards left in the deck

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, only the "Draw 4" cards are wild. Besides, this would make Villain a 6-flush. Learn the rules of Pokeno or go back to the 5-dollar tables, donkey.

Ryendal
10-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Very good moment, thank kyou

psyduck
10-21-2005, 02:56 PM
<font color="blue"> POST </font>

<font color="red"> OF </font>

<font color="green"> THE </font>

<font color="purple"> YEAR </font>

psyduck
10-21-2005, 02:57 PM
expels some gass AHAHAHAHAH

ptmusic
10-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Whoa! Is this for real?

gildwulf
10-21-2005, 05:30 PM
best post I've seen all day.

twang
10-21-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Gold.

ghostface
10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Bump for the underprivileged.

Noodles
10-21-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise becuase I know that Mason knows that I raise with any two here and I want him to think that I know that he knows that so I'd raise with a good hand, but since he knows, I could have any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif this is like something from the other skankys article on "higher level play" in TOP.

[ QUOTE ]
As the gas wafts over to me I smell the unmistakeable odor of eggs, HE LIED ABOUT THE OATMEAL

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sam T.
10-22-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa! Is this for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck on those finals.

(Actually just an excuse to bump.)

He lied about the oatmeal.

Jman28
10-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Overall, gets my thumbs up.

Melchiades
10-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Pure comedy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gr8vertical
10-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Hahaha. Great post

NH

jusander
10-22-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/cool.gif